Looking for Friends! Anyone Starting Couch 2 5k?

Options
Hi there! I have been on MFP for a while, but I am looking for some friendly buddies to keep me motivated, and ones that I can help motivate. I hadn't added anyone before today, and my timeline is so lonely. Since January I have lost 49 lbs, and feel great! I log in daily, and am fully committed to staying active and healthy.

I plan to begin the beginner's running program called "Couch to 5K" this week. Anyone else doing this program who would like to be friends?

I look forward to connecting!

Replies

• kaylouyou
    kaylouyou Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started couch to 5k a couple of weeks ago. fun but tough to keep up motivation.

Congrats on your progress so far by the way!
  • jmaidan
    jmaidan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    On my third day of couch to 5k. Will add you just now :)
  • getfit_fritch26
    getfit_fritch26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded that app and am working on getting my booty off my couch!
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I plan to start C25K this week. I've done it before and it was awesome. I actually became a runner. (before I fell off the workout wagon).

It sounds like you might be able to motivate me. 49 lbs. since January is amazing. :)
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 of C25K (on a treadmill, will be moving outside soon and will drop back a few weeks to acclimate to the surface difference). Have faith in the program and yourself :) Repeat a week if you need to and go slow so you can build up your base.
  • Raquel1395
    Raquel1395 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had to Google the Couch to 5k program. Currently my fitness level is not that great. I can run on the treadmill at the 5.5 speed for only one-tenth of a mile, after which I need to quickly switch to 3.5 speed. I alternate the whole way like that for 3 miles. In the past six weeks or so I have lost 10 pounds with about 25 more to go. You are an inspiration! It would be great to have like-minded people as I am part of a South Asian community where you do not talk about weight loss/fitness goals unless you want to get ridiculed, so I don't have support or encouragement. Downloading the C25K app now!
  • BrandiMefferd
    BrandiMefferd Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been trying to get back into the C25k program for awhile now; last summer I had made it to week 5 and was loving it, but due to an injury I had to quit. I've never been a long distance runner but my goal for the summer is to complete a 5k without passing out :)

I work full time and am a mommy of a 2yr old, so I stay busy, but I'd like to start doing this in the evenings after I get the LO to bed. I'm 29, 5'4", weigh 150lbs, and I'd really love to lose 15-20lbs by September for my baby sister's wedding. I'm hoping to combine some cardio and weightlifting to reach my goals.

I'd love to join you and work on keeping each other motivated. :smile:
  • Veewok
    Veewok Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have lost a total of 18 lbs since I started my journey. First with Weight Watchers and now I'm more exercise focused (21 day fix and counting calories). I want to complete a 5k by the end of the year!
  • kittn_mittns
    kittn_mittns Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting the c25k. I'll make a runner out of myself yet!
  • 24explorergirl
    24explorergirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm starting the couch to 5k so would love to connect and keep up motivation!!
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just started two weeks ago and would love over C25K friends :)
  • bscmcse
    bscmcse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ok, tried week 1 day 1 last Weds. Was not sure I would continue and thought I'd try again once I lost some more weight due to some pain. Did it again on Sat and re-considered as I seem to have recovered well. Starting week 1 day 1 today in earnest and will work toward advancing through the program. I've never been a runner, but running (jogging) a 5k would be a huge milestone for me. Hit me up if you want to follow along together.
  • kaylouyou
    kaylouyou Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    how are people doing on c25k? full disclosure, I've been repeating and still trying to conquer week 3!
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 4. I so every day twice and won't move on unless I actually do it all the way. Run when it says run and no wimping out. I love it. When I started I could barely make it for a 30 second run, now I'm doing it on week 4. And I'm just beginning this at the age of 47. If I can do it, anybody can! You should ALL add me. We could have a community of running beginners