Hello all! I'm new here :)

Options
kittyr77
kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
Hey everyone!
I just joined this site and wanted to say a big hello to everyone :)
My name is Kitty and I live in Glasgow, Scotland. I have always had issues with my weight since I was a little girl (I'm now 27).
I have had some pretty self-destructive ways of coping with weight/food in the past and I am hoping to change things around and reach my goal weight through good old-fashioned healthy, low cal eating and exercise.
At 5'5", I am currently 164lb and target is 126lb. In the past I have been everywhere between 108 and 170! I really want to improve my fitness and plan on doing three good 60min workouts a week.
Looking forward to getting to know you all :)
Good luck with your goals!
Kitty xxx

Replies

• Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hello :) Well, you've chosen the right place. At least it is for me. I love that I can track my foods, exercise and weight loss here. I also love reading the success stories on the message boards, they give me tons of motivation and are truly inspiring to me. I hope you find what you need here. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I find having friends on here also helps with the motivation. Good luck to you!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It just takes a little work on your part. My advice is educate yourself on healthy eating. Buy a food scale and watch portions. Limit processed and fast foods. Cook fresh Veggies and Meats. Eat whole grain Low carb Low Cal Breads and Pasta. Fresh Fruits. Did I say watch Portions. In the beginning it will be hard to get over cravings. But if you stick with it you will. Don't drink your calories. Did I say watch portions. Oh and watch portions.
  • dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    welcome,

dean from manchester,

awesome place to be, full of people like yourself with lots of things to share,

good luck with it all and feel free to add me....
  • kittyr77
    Options
    Hi Faery!
    Thanks hon :) Massive congrats on your loss so far, thats amazing! well done :):)
    xx
  • kittyr77
    Options
    It just takes a little work on your part. My advice is educate yourself on healthy eating. Buy a food scale and watch portions. Limit processed and fast foods. Cook fresh Veggies and Meats. Eat whole grain Low carb Low Cal Breads and Pasta. Fresh Fruits. Did I say watch Portions. In the beginning it will be hard to get over cravings. But if you stick with it you will. Don't drink your calories. Did I say watch portions. Oh and watch portions.

Haha! :D I get it - defo going to watch my portions lol! :D
    It is day 1 for me today and I weighed out my cheerios on my digital scale. OMG - 30g cereal is like half what I usually eat!
    And will aim for plenty fresh food, fruit, veg, lean meat, limit carbs.
    Thanks for the advice! x
  • kittyr77
    Options
    welcome,

dean from manchester,

awesome place to be, full of people like yourself with lots of things to share,

good luck with it all and feel free to add me....

Hi Dean!
    Thanks for your welcome :) x
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Haha! :D I get it - defo going to watch my portions lol! :D
    It is day 1 for me today and I weighed out my cheerios on my digital scale. OMG - 30g cereal is like half what I usually eat!
    And will aim for plenty fresh food, fruit, veg, lean meat, limit carbs.
    Thanks for the advice! x

WATER WATER WATER !!! Don't forget your water! You won't go hungry if you drink lots of water AND load up on the proteins. GOOD LUCK!!
  • Hicksbc
    Hicksbc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! It sounds like you know yourself! I wish you well!