Mom with social anxiety looking for a buddy

Options
I'm a 35yo homeschooling mom, and a geek of many interests, trying to lose the last 15 pounds and then keep it off by building healthy habits. I keep falling off track, and I know it would help to have an accountability partner, but I SUCK at socializing! I get anxious, don't know what to say, and don't feel like I really "connect" with people online. Maybe you are an extrovert who likes to talk a lot and are willing to help me try to come out of my shell?

I'm trying really hard to post actual status updates on my wall, and respond to other people. I'd love to have people who will talk to me and not let me slink off into a corner by myself. Is that you? Send me a friend request!

*** Happily married, absolutely NOT looking for a date! Women preferred. ***

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I'm a married guy NOT LOOKING TO DATE (as I can't coordinate and keep track of all the lying) but if you like you can add me. I keep my diary open so people can see how good (or bad) I do on any particular day and hopefully it will help someone.
  • BhangraPrince
    BhangraPrince Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Too bad cause I was looking for a unhappily married women that was looking for a date
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. I'm trying to get motivated too and could use some friends! :)
  • aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I am really good keeping people motivated :)
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Mum to a (nearly) 3 year old and also have social anxiety. Added x
  • aaronjonn84
    aaronjonn84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi obviously I'm not a woman lol, I'm more than happy to help you stay accountable, I've bwen on mfp streak for 145 days now
  • rosieandroo
    rosieandroo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also have social anxiety but I love commenting and chatting and keeping in touch with people!
  • Breener_87
    Breener_87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im a single mother with social anxiety and am just starting out with this. Feel free to add me. I know what you mean about having trouble connecting with others.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who posted and sent friend requests! :)
  • Zom_bunny
    Zom_bunny Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I will be your buddy !
  • agriffin81
    agriffin81 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same here! Feel free to add me too. Anxiety and an introvert....been struggling staying on track and an accountability partner will help
  • Kamatayan
    Kamatayan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll gladly accept anyone who wants to add me to their friends list. I'm not the greatest at motivating but I am empathetic and a good listener. Just a heads-up, I am a married man. If you don't add me because if that, I wish you the best in reaching your goals.
  • naturesoul
    naturesoul Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I can offer support and encouragement. :)
  • ingaelizabeth
    ingaelizabeth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love it if you added me. I'm new and I don't even really know how to add anyone but I'm a 35 yr old, homeschooling mother of 4! I have 50+ to lose but I'm making no progress at all so I've got to stay on track, I'd love to have a buddy!
  • sew205
    sew205 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Add me. I love status updates and the conversations they spark. And as an ambivert struggling daily with generalized anxiety, not to mention having a husband and a daughter with social anxiety, I think I am highly qualified to be your internet friend...