Most accurate weight loss tip you'll ever get.

Options
jdb3388
jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
Eat less, exercise more. It's just math, not magic.

Replies

• AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've gotten lots of encouragement but almost no good tips, lol... people don't really know what they're talking about with weight loss and for me, it was just about trial and error.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    It's not about being perfect for a month, it's about being consistent in your efforts for the rest of your life.

It took away a lot of the pressure I was putting myself under, for no reason other than the idea that I could become this perfect dieter.
    Spoiler alert: I always failed at being perfect...

^Hands down this!
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Like any "wisdom" , any saying works in some instances but not other.

You got a brain, use it and find your own path.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    For me, it's a mindset to choose actions that move me toward my goals. Will this bagel at the gym (really!) walk me forwards or backwards? Ignoring that hunk of bread gave me good feelings, not feelings of deprivation, because it was a good decision.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Changing your foods (to whole LCHF foods) makes achieving CI<CO MUCH easier. Not true for everyone, but it is for me.
  • CarCar0207
    CarCar0207 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have also had success with eating whole, low carb, non processed foods. It is true that u can't eat more calories than u expend and lose but it's also true that it's 80% about diet over exercise and that u can't "out run" a poor diet.
  • kirayng2
    kirayng2 Posts: 36 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Whole foods, healthy fats, cooking at home, exercising 30 mins a day has worked for me. I'm pregnant now so don't look at my weight loss lol :) I lost the first 50 on the advice in this post tho.
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    "Starving yourself is NOT the answer."
    Seriously, I went that route at 600-800 calories a day for a while and then 1,000-1,200 calories a day. The end result = an anorexic body (in which I'm still technically repairing through resistance training and 1,600-1,800 calories a day). Lesson learned, instead of dramatically cutting calories, just increase workout load, intensity, and eat back at least half of the exercise calories.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Hard-core scientific research into diet and weight loss has proven that it's anything but simple, although eat less and move more is a good place to start. It isn't the be all and end all, however.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    "Eat less, exercise more" wouldn't work for me. I don't exercise much at all (maybe 15 minutes per month) and I'm eating more (in terms of quantity) food now than when I put weight on.

"Your body is counting it, even if you aren't" works better for me.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    "You can't out run your fork"!

I have a very slow fork and a reasonably fast bicycle.
  • ludazatobom
    ludazatobom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    There's no magic formula. It's about living a simple life. Eat to fuel your body so you can live is my new motto. A lot of us eat to forget our life and fix emotions...it is a deadly cure. I look at my body like a car. Pump gas so i can take long and fun road trips.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    jdb3388 wrote: »
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Calories in/Calories out is absolutely true, however the phrase

Eat Less, Exercise More doesn't do much to actually help people.

It's sort of like telling a poor person to save less, spend more.

No, its like telling a poor person to work more and spend less.

Which is still relatively unhelpful advice.