Gastric Bypass Patient

Options
Hi! I had gastric bypass 4 years ago. I lost 150 lbs and have gained 25 back....having the hardest time taking them off,.
I am very frustrated and not understanding my body at all!

Replies

• chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well you're in the right place! MFP will certainly help you with that. :flowerforyou:
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    Hi. I'm a gastric bypass patient too, but my surgery was more recent.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    hi there,
    I'm guessing the body can adapt to weight loss surgery...maybe this is why you have gained, or have you been eating more than usual? what ever your circumstances...MFP can help you. How much were you eating following the surgery? Have you spoken to a dietician about the calories you should be consuming?

Once you have spoken to a professional (as we all are different) then start using MFP.

Amazing progress so far! You have done amazingly well...these 25lbs are nothing...

How is your water intake??/ Drink loads of it...I drink 6 pints a day and it always helps shift the water weight. You can do this...you've done amazingly already..this is the last stretch xx
  • jiselle1975
    Options
    I have put myself back to 1200 calories, 4-5 fruits/veggies and 60 protein....limiting carbs to 4 per day.

If this doesn't work then I am going back to an all liquid diet for a week.....I hope this works.
  • DANANFL
    DANANFL Posts: 11
    Options
    I had surgery, Gastric Bypass, 3 and 1/2 years ago and gained almost 20 back. I went back to step one! Eating only 1 cup a food at each meal. Making sure I eat 60-80 grams of protein a day. Making sure I get the 60 to 80 ounces of plain water daily and back to the 30 to 40 minutes of fast walking a day. I lost 12 pounds in two weeks. Feels really good and I only have a few more left to lose. Hope this really helps. Go back to basics, you know the diet plan works. But it doesnt work for me without daily exercise.
  • StaceyLDouglas
    StaceyLDouglas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am a newbie to MFP and love it so far, but am also a Gastric ByPass patient of 2 months. I love that MFP calculates everything and I can track my Protein and water daily, as well as sugar and fat intake! It is so easy to use.