What does your weight loss LOOK like?

Options
JaydedMiss
JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
And by that I mean, Is it consistent a little off each day, Do you gain a few lose a few, Or are you like me because the reason im asking is...

I struggle struggle stuck at the same weight unable to lose it for 4-7 days and one day just as im thinking im doing something wrong i wake up and 2-3 pounds is gone. Which i think is kind of weird, I obsessively weigh myself (don't worry i dont do it out of panic i just find it interesting) so i know all about weight fluctiutions mine tend to be between 215-216 for the past 5 days and i woke up today at 213. Has happened 3 times in a row now XD

Im just curious how your guys bodies lose it.

Replies

• llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Very normal, and it keeps me sticking with it waiting for that next "big drop".
  • NovaDuck
    NovaDuck Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mine is very similar (I also weigh daily, and track it on a graph, so at least I always know it it truly is an up or down). I typically fluctuate for a few days and then I end up at a new record low all of a sudden. It's definitely interesting. :smiley:
  • mwurtzberger
    mwurtzberger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I check daily as well. My wife thinks I'm nuts. I have it where I'll gain 1 lb a day for 3 days, even when tracking well with MFP calories, then all of a sudden 3-4 lbs in one day. I'd say this is really normal. Might want to look at how much you eat/drink the days leading up to "big" loss day - might be something there. For some reason my big drop tends to be after I have a light calorie day, but have a nice beer 2 hours before bed.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I don't check daily. Once or twice per week and it's always down.
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you. I weigh daily to keep track of fluctuations (I too find it interesting! And actually more useful than weighing once a week because you could just pick a "heavy" day and think you gained when you didn't - you just had too much salt the previous day anyway I digress)

Mine will bob around a lot over the week, then suddenly drop, come back up a little, and bob around some more.

Last week:
    168.5 (boom)
    166.25 (boom)

I keep track of mine using MyWeighTracker which plots them all on a graph and also gives a "true" weight which is an approximation based on evening out the measurements (so leveling out some of the big jumps)

puj1cj5kgfqo.png

aaa0jj2ixr2k.png

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Download an app like Happy Scale, Libra or Trendweight. If you're a daily weigher you'll love it.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    So interesting to see that chart. I need to go find a way to track mine XD Funny thing is i ate little fast food pizza and bread sticks yesterday, Only 2 small cheese pieces and 1.5 crazy bread pieces but still, Calorie dense and theres cheese which i dont eat EVER (vegan) but i felt forced to based on the person already buying for me, So i treated self :p

Glad im not alone in the pound drops. The human body is amazing XD
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Download an app like Happy Scale

Yes, HappyScale is great if you prefer to track on the phone and not via desktop!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my fat during perimenopause. Hormone fluctuations had my weight jumping all over the place. Losing or gaining 5-7 lbs overnight was not uncommon. It made it very hard to tell if I was truly losing fat or just water. But I just stuck with my plan and made sure over time there was a downward trend.
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I only track it once a week. Weighing daily allows me to ignore fluctuations. for instance, yesterday I reached a new low, but today I was up 2 pounds. But yesterday I had salted popcorn as an afternoon snack, and didn't drink a ton of water to off-set the water retention from the blast of sodium. So I was't surprised by the "gain" this morning. I've been drinking lots of water today, and I know that tomorrow morning I'll be back to down yesterday's lower weight.

As for the sudden drops, I get those too, and I attribute that to the "whoosh" effect of my monthly cycle. I have "whoosh" weeks where I lose 2-3 pounds within 1-2 days of my PMS coming to an end.
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    lexbubbles wrote: »
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Download an app like Happy Scale

Yes, HappyScale is great if you prefer to track on the phone and not via desktop!

Or trendweight is good too...
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Mine usually stays steady all week, then usually drops 1-2 lbs somewhere between Wednesday-Thursday lol
  • ummijaaz560
    ummijaaz560 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I keep losing one pound of weight even, for example a week ago I was 159.2 today I weighed 158.2 very interesting.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    My weight loss graph "looks like" a roller coaster! I get sick just looking at it. BUT the long term trend is the same...down down down...for 140 lbs & 2 years!

amazing!
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Oh. I thought this thread was going to be about what one actually looks like since losing weight. I was going to say I look fat, but not as fat.

Over the last few months my chart looks like this with daily weighing:

19 days with a gain +
    31 days with a loss -
    6 days with a maintain +/-

I am down over 30 pounds in that time, so the trend is down, overall.