Felt like passing out

Options
I started this calorie counting again. This time i been doin it for a week and today when i ate dinner..it felt like i was goin to pass out...i got really hot and my hands and feet turned red...it passed after a while but has that ever happened to anyone?

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Do you have any food allergies?
  • eva_vaazquez1990
    eva_vaazquez1990 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No i dont
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    My Brother has food allergies and when he eats them his face and arms go red and his heart races, so it could be allergies.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Did you eat anything different or take any new medications, drinks, or supplements?
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Sometimes prescription medications don't mix well, for instance. Give a call to your doctor today to see if it is something to get checked out.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    This happens to me quite often, although I can't say if I turn red or not. I've tried to get help from a doctor about it but they aren't at all helpful. Only thing I can say is for me having a banana resolves things pretty quickly. And binge drinking water. Not sure what shape you're in, but I'm slim and quite fit, so this isn't an 'upper weight' range issue.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Call your dr?
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    sometimes allergies can start in adulthood
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I developed a tree nut allergy in my 30s. Pay attention to what you ate in case it happens again.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Counting calories would not cause this reaction.
  • ludazatobom
    ludazatobom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Have you been tested for diabetes?
  • tanyaflink655
    tanyaflink655 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me and I believe it is a low calorie symptom. I have found that if I eat a handful of almonds or cashews the feeling goes away rather quickly. I think it has to do with a protein deficit so I am trying to eat more protein.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I actually feel exactly like this when I take my daily multi-vitamin on an empty stomach.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I started this calorie counting again. This time i been doin it for a week and today when i ate dinner..it felt like i was goin to pass out...i got really hot and my hands and feet turned red...it passed after a while but has that ever happened to anyone?

That sounds like a hot flash. Is that a possibility?

How many calories are you eating and is that the number MFP gave you?
  • eva_vaazquez1990
    eva_vaazquez1990 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    My Brother has food allergies and when he eats them his face and arms go red and his heart races, so it could be allergies.

I didnt eat anything new
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    This happens to me quite often, although I can't say if I turn red or not. I've tried to get help from a doctor about it but they aren't at all helpful. Only thing I can say is for me having a banana resolves things pretty quickly. And binge drinking water. Not sure what shape you're in, but I'm slim and quite fit, so this isn't an 'upper weight' range issue.

Sounds like it could be hypoglycemia (I am no doctor). Happens to me and I fix it by drinking juice or eating simple, fast digesting carbs. I'd go back to your doc and specifically ask them to look at your fasting blood sugar and A1C levels.

I keep it at bay by eating small meals frequently and having a balance of complex carbs, fat and protein. On long hikes/runs I am very attentive to my electrolytes and keep that sugar gel stuff on hand. It's rare for me to have an issue now.

Please take care! :blush: