Diary open for suggestions

Options
Okay, I have opened my diary so that I can get some help. I have been in the 160's for what seems like forever and I'm ready to break through to the 150's. My ultmate goal is 145 but I can't seem to get below 161. I have been playing around with the same 3 or 4 pounds for a month now. Please, any suggestions will be appreciated. I generally do cardio 5 days a week for 45 minutes, sometimes I eat over my calories sometimes under ( my version of zigzag). Thanks for looking!

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Try cutting your carbs you are always over and the salt.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I would zig zag your calorie burn too. I see you don't log the weekends, thats fine however, it could also be your downfall. One bad day can ruin a week. I treat the weekends like the week days.

I would also increase your protein. I like morning star veggie burger in a mulit grain wrap, with sprouts and 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese.

Do you drink any water? I noticed that increasing my water helped me lose weight. Good luck to you! :)
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Where's your water?! Increase that to 8 glasses a day and I guarantee you see a loss.
  • kim824
    kim824 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Maybe adding some strength training would help.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I took a look at a couple of days. You need to drink drink DRINK more water. You should probably monitor your sodium intake...that could be the culprit if it's pretty high up there - could be causing water retention.
  • Missrachelf
    Options
    Hi,
    I don't really think there is too much wrong with your diary, except maybe you should try having your lunch be the biggest meal. Also, add vitamins.. calcium helps in weight loss. Why aren't you logging in your exercise. Your routine could be the problem. Your Cardio routine might not be raising your heart rate high enough to burn fat. Try a Jillian Michael Video. They have them on Cable and they are cheap at the store. Only 25-30 minutes and you keep moving with the interval circuits. All you need are two small hand weights. That is all I do and I lost all my weight from that. I'll leave my diary open for you to look. Good Luck :drinker:

3160457.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    less processed food , bigger meals , smaller snacks :flowerforyou:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    up the protein, lower the carbs, lay off the processed foods. Yep, a protein bar is going to give you protein, but it's different than getting it from chicken or fish or eggs or other natural sources of protein. You're staying within your calories goals (for the most part) but you need to really take a hard look at your food sources and try to go raw, fresh, whole grain, you want your foods to be as close to the farm as possible. "Enriched" flour or foods is not a good thing, it means that they had to put nutrients back into the food because anything healthy was stripped out of it during processing.
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions, I actually do drink a lot of water and unsweetened iced tea , just don't log it . I keep up with my diary on the weekends but don't always get on line to log it in. I think the carb issue may be what is hurting me. I like to eat fruit but it kills me in the sugar and carb area. I will have to give that some real thought this coming week.