new to keto

Options
Just started keto....kind of forcing my family along for the ride as I really don't want to cook twice. : )
Would appreciate friends with experience, especially if you have kids in sports. I'm more concerned with giving them what they need, although I don't think it will be too difficult to throw in carbs for them.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sam1053
    sam1053 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am on day 14 of keto and I am loving it! Add me if you like. I'm not very experienced, but I have done lots of research on the subject.
  • rhinogirl2016
    rhinogirl2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! New to this forum stuff too....how do I add you? 0
  • AndyHTu
    AndyHTu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did keto a year or 2 a go, just getting back into it. I had a very positive experience with it. I experimented with carbs and it was kinda tough to do.
  • kgailvincent
    kgailvincent Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    AndyHTu wrote: »
    I did keto a year or 2 a go, just getting back into it. I had a very positive experience with it. I experimented with carbs and it was kinda tough to do.

what happened when you reintroduced carbs? I'm curious to know because that was my plan-staying under 100g once I reached my maintenance weight
  • kgailvincent
    kgailvincent Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just started keto....kind of forcing my family along for the ride as I really don't want to cook twice. : )
    Would appreciate friends with experience, especially if you have kids in sports. I'm more concerned with giving them what they need, although I don't think it will be too difficult to throw in carbs for them.
    Thanks in advance!

I've been doing Keto for 2 months and I love it! i dont really cook anything different for my family I just usually sub in ingredients ie almond flour for regular flour or xylitol for sugar. I still give my kids grain and fruit as I feel that they need it.
  • lorie75ut
    lorie75ut Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just finishing up my first week of keto and really feeling good about it!
  • AndyHTu
    AndyHTu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    AndyHTu wrote: »

what happened when you reintroduced carbs? I'm curious to know because that was my plan-staying under 100g once I reached my maintenance weight
    Nothing bad really bad. I was eatting with carbs for about a year and was pretty fit. My muscles blew up pretty fast but the problem came when I started craving a ton of carbs and fell out of routine after about 6 months from schedule and event changes. So my eating got out of control, I got super lethargic and now I've gained a ton of weight back. Its pretty much just my fault for not properly taking care of myself.

• Ket0Mermaid
    Ket0Mermaid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am slowly introducing myself to keto. I have started slowly this past weekend by weaning myself down on carbs. I can tell a difference already in just a few days, I don't feel tired like I usually do. I haven't worked my way down to 20-30 net carbs yet but I am not too far away from it. I am looking forward to the results :smile:
  • walker1world
    walker1world Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Wow it is is so exciting reading your post. I have lost 35 lbs since I started Keto. I wish you all the best. My biggest issue was learning how to eat 80% fat. I still struggle with eating enough fat. I listen to Keto Talk and it gives me all kind of ideas and advice.

Good luck.
  • walker1world
    walker1world Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks in advance!

I've been doing Keto for 2 months and I love it! i dont really cook anything different for my family I just usually sub in ingredients ie almond flour for regular flour or xylitol for sugar. I still give my kids grain and fruit as I feel that they need it.

Have you tried stevia for a sweetner?