Macros

Options
Need to lose 5 stone lose cellulite and excess fat I'm doing couch to 5k fitness DVDs and home workouts no idea how to even start counting macros! Macros or calories? I don't want a 6 pack or anything just to get back into my size 8 jeans but not skinny fat. Any advice please so much conflicting information online

Replies

• dropitlikeasquat87
    dropitlikeasquat87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You don't have to count macros. Counting calories will do just fine, losing weight is calories in vs calories out. Counting macros is more helpful for those who have little to lose. The less body fat you have to lose the more detailed you have to be with your diet. Don't jump into something complicated such as counting macros if you haven't gotten the hang of counting calories just yet.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, calories are king. Macros can help with things like hunger, mood, energy levels, etc but calories are what drive weight management. I think it's important to get enough fat & protein in your diet, but beyond that there's no right or wrong way to set your macros. You don't have to watch them if you don't want to. If you do choose to, then set them in a way that works best for you based on your personal preferences and needs.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1