Jumping Rope pals

Options
Heyyyy...any ppl doing rope skipping as their main type of sports?? Love to share day to day jumping time ..number or jumps abd calories burned....

Would like to add MFP friends who jump rope.

it's my favorite sport...u can play it anywhere...anytime...although I'm still not a prof....

Also it's the best and fastest sport to burn calories as it burns 10 calories per minute in average.

Replies

• mrsf15h
    mrsf15h Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I bought a new skipping rope the other day to try and add an extra 10 mins in after a workout down the gym. Only thing is I can't do it in the rain!
    As you say around 10 calories a minute and with some good songs in your ears and it is really gets you sweaty.
  • ralostaz2000
    ralostaz2000 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    mrsf15h wrote: »
    I bought a new skipping rope the other day to try and add an extra 10 mins in after a workout down the gym. Only thing is I can't do it in the rain!
    As you say around 10 calories a minute and with some good songs in your ears and it is really gets you sweaty.

Yeahhh...sweating alottt...I love my skipping rope with the counter included
  • wendyphd
    wendyphd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi. Are either of you still using your jump rope? I'd like to get a community of supporters together.
  • wendyphd
    wendyphd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Heyyyy...any ppl doing rope skipping as their main type of sports?? Love to share day to day jumping time ..number or jumps abd calories burned....

Would like to add MFP friends who jump rope.

it's my favorite sport...u can play it anywhere...anytime...although I'm still not a prof....

Also it's the best and fastest sport to burn calories as it burns 10 calories per minute in average.

If you're still looking for mfp friends who jump rope please add me. I would like the support of others who also like jumping rope.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I jump rope for fun. It's great.
  • TJMcQN
    TJMcQN Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Recently purchased the Crossrope system and found it is well worth the investment. I bulked at first because of the price but figured if the average running shoe costs $100 or more and a typical Running goes through 2 or 3 pair per year than the cost of the Crossrope system is a bargain. I also invested $35 in a 3’x6.5’ supermat on Amazon which will significantly increase the life of the ropes. Eventually the ropes will need to be replaced but the handles should last for years. Replacing ropes at a cost of $15 to $35 is a lot less painful than replacing Running shoes especially when many runners experience their favorite running shoes go out of production. Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to put this out there in case someone was considering Crossrope. Well worth the investment.