Post baby!

Options
Hey. I had my first baby 6 months ago now and still battling with my baby weight and it's seriously getting me down, I lost 4 stones prior to baby but now have 3 to loose again. Anyone got any tips for a sleep deprived breastfeeding mum? Lol

Replies

• AlyssaAnne03
    AlyssaAnne03 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It'll take time and patience!
    Lots of water and keep your diet steady and healthy
  • shanna_wainwright
    shanna_wainwright Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Instead of really restricting calories, since you're breastfeeding, try doing some Pilates or other core workouts to help pull in your abdominal muscles. Add in some moderate walking, and you'll start to feel better in no time! Remember it took 9 months to put that weight on, it'll take about a year for it to come off. Focus on eating healthy foods, so you are healthy and your baby is getting the best milk they can from you! Your body is not in a place to handle serious dieting and maintaining the milk supply.... All while you're sleep deprived! Drink lots of water!! As someone who nursed 2 babies until they were 2... I can say that if you find yourself eating crap because you're eating on the fly- try making little plates/containers of healthy snacks. Grab one of these and a bottle of water when you sit down to nurse. Eat your snacks (think berries, a hard boiled egg, some veggies, and a cheese stick) and drink your water while the baby is nursing. Filling up in good for you foods will help you curb the desire for junk!
  • nataliebyan0
    nataliebyan0 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat six months pp and uncomfortable in my body
  • MarissaBlevins220
    MarissaBlevins220 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've made a lot of new friends lately on here that are Moms, and let me just say, it's been so motivating and inspiring to all be on the same page. I'm 4 months postpartum, and through diet and exercise I'm down 35 pounds, I still have a long way to go so anyone, please feel free to add me! We got this!

#mombod

:D
  • AlyssaAnne03
    AlyssaAnne03 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 months pp and I've just started getting my body back. I gained a lot after birth and wasn't able to breastfeed. It's been quite the journey but I'm down about 6 pounds so far
  • brinalejeune
    brinalejeune Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey mamas,
    Please add me as a friend! Staying active and making the good choices is hard with a little one demanding so much all the time. I would love to hear from you and we can support each other!
    Cheers from Germany
    Brina
  • KatMR16
    KatMR16 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Girl. I'm like a year postpartum and have 28 pounds to lose. ): i had some bad postpartum depression/anxiety. So, i had absolutely no motivation. Feel free to add me.
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have a 8.5 month baby and although I've been thinking about losing weight for months, I'm ready to start now! I have around 23 lb to lose to start with.
  • JLPersall
    JLPersall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Dont cut your calories too low. Im 8 months pp and lost 50 so far. 30 since started mfp at xmas doing 1700-1650 . Still want to lose another 13 pounds. Feel free to send a friend request I love lots of mommy friends help keep motivated!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Exercising when baby sleeps is how I help lose the weight after baby. Usually it helps me wake up enough to get through the rest of the day!
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Come and join us in this postpartum group where we encourage each other and do a weekly weigh in.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113945-fit-fabulous-postpartum
  • addmorecloud
    addmorecloud Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I didn't start properly exercising until my baby was over a year old, as he was my first and I was totally overwhelmed. At about 6 months I started walking for an hour or two with him in the stroller just to get out of the house. He loved looking around/sleeping and I would listen to an audiobook or podcast so enjoyed it too. Now that my son is at daycare and I am back at work part time, I've found high intensity interval training (HIIT) easy to fit in and really effective. You work out hard for 10 to 15 minutes and your body keeps burning calories at a higher rate for hours afterwards!