Shouting Hello From WA State :) Anyone out there!?

Options
MsLexii
MsLexii Posts: 105 Member
edited May 2016 in Chit-Chat
Well... not really shouting. Especially since I didn't use capitals :D .. but you know, right!? RIGHT! << that's shouting!

Any other Washingtonians enjoying our crazy, heat breaking, rain soaking, mental weather we're having!?

Or you know, any other individuals hell bent on bettering their life and health by making healthy choices and focusing on progress instead of perfection through positive life changes and not a fad diet :) You're welcome too!

Fitbit users, too. I like the crazy exercise people. I like open MFP diaries too. Active friends? Friends that think eating 800 calories a day is totally batsh!tcrazy NOT okay. Wait, what? YES! It's true. I am NOT okay with you starving yourself.

Sooooo, Seattle? Bellevue? Eastern WA people occupying the desert? Dessert? or Desert? - The brown dusty one :D

..... Did you know once you put something on the internet, you can NEVER delete it. Like ever. CREEPY haha. This post will forever be floating around the 00010101111000010010101 universe! (I have NO idea what those numbers mean, I just know its computer gossip)

Replies

• kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    HEYYYYYYYYYYY there! from the lower Puget sound here! :)
  • kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    and btw, ive been gaining up to my current state, looking to put on more muscle and hope to compete for the first itme next spring, currently training in the most hardcore bodybuilding gym in the PNW and eating close to 400 grams carbs daily ;)
  • MsLexii
    Options
    Ohhhhh - I grew up outside of Bremerton. Don't tell anyone that though. It's really hard to admit I know where Ghorst, Belfair and Allen are hahaha!!!
  • MsLexii
    Options
    and btw, ive been gaining up to my current state, looking to put on more muscle and hope to compete for the first itme next spring, currently training in the most hardcore bodybuilding gym in the PNW and eating close to 400 grams carbs daily ;)

That so rocks!! Competing huh!? That is some serious commitment!! Way to go!! I am on the opposite spectrum, eating nutrient dense foods to lose weight. I keep the carbs down, respectively of course!

<3 the PNW. Well. Not 405 or the tolls. Or rush hour on a saturday night on I5 because people are headed to the bars, but you know.. haha!
  • chickboy0
    chickboy0 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, North Seattle here. Glad to see other Washingtonians around here. I'm really only here for weight loss, don't really plan for gains yet.

I try to avoid carbs, they are hard to work off.
  • MsDeeHawk12
    MsDeeHawk12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from Bremerton, WA but living in IL now. Hoping to get back to the great PNW soon.

Oh.... and GO HAWKS!
  • MsDeeHawk12
    Options
    I'm originally from Bremerton, WA but living in IL now. Hoping to get back to the great PNW soon.

Oh.... and GO HAWKS!
  • MsDeeHawk12
    Options

Oh.... and GO HAWKS!
  • MsLexii
    Options
    chickboy0 wrote: »
    Ahhh, North Seattle here. Glad to see other Washingtonians around here. I'm really only here for weight loss, don't really plan for gains yet.

I try to avoid carbs, they are hard to work off.

Hello hello!!! North OF Seattle here! Well - technically I claim Bothell AND Quincy WA. Since I've spent equal amounts of time in both areas haha.

FYI - Carbs are the first things we burn off when we exercise because they convert to glucose so easily... which is what we use for fuel. We need them! They give our brain powers haha - like...... THINKING! :)

Happy weight loss Thursday!! I'm here to lose weight as well! Lots of it!
  • MsLexii
    Options

Oh.... and GO HAWKS!

HAHA!! I'm down my fellow 12'er!!! :) IL is a long ways away!
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hello from Albuquerque
  • MsLexii
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    Vermont is close, yes?

Perhaps to WA DC :) not WA state though!
  • andrektan
    andrektan Posts: 196 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I was fine with a few days of clouds and rain, but I'm ready for the sun and upper-70s to come back. :smiley:

Checking in from Kirkland (work)/Shoreline (home). And yes, I'm a Fitbitter too, though I've been slacking a little the past few weeks.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend is from Bremerton and I've been there once - Washington is an absolutely gorgeous state.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Oly here!! This weather is killing me!!!!!!!!
  • skinnyminikendra
    skinnyminikendra Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm from waaaaaay north Washington eh? Try Bellingham/Ferndale area. haha
  • Jedi1989
    Jedi1989 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awww, missing WA so much - reading this thread didn't help :D Not from there, but spent a semester in the Tacoma area last year.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Bellingham, WA born and raised.
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sooooo, Hows about a friendly neighbor from the north....Vancouver eh! I've been kicking around mfp for a while but need to get a little more serious now that its bikini season lol. Anybody from anywhere can feel free to add me :)
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm from the Bellingham area, but have lived in Calgary, Alberta for the last 10 years. You guys are making me homesick! lol!