Brides to be??

Options
Fortunate to have found a beautiful dress that fits okay... But really want to stun the Mr in October and the alterations lady in August! Anybody seeing success or want to share ideas? I'm currently doing CICO and seeing more difference in inches than lbs which I guess is fine since pictures show size, but would really love to see more progress on the scale!

Replies

• kaylouyou
    kaylouyou Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What's CICO? I'm just about fitting into my dress after it fitting perfectly in the store but really need to lose some inches before the next fitting.

I'm finding couch to 5k app helpful with losing weight and just general fitness
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in August. I have lost 10 lbs so far. Really wish it was more. I wanted to be at least down to 150lbs by the wedding but I'm not sure I will be. I'm afraid though because they were so pushy when I got my dress and I didn't get to try on the size I ordered. When I got it, it was pretty huge. They were like oh yeah this size will fit you'll just need to adjust it one size. Because they didn't have my size. Well now I'm like dang I could have probably gotten the size they said too small and been fine. Because this thing is huge on me and now I'm worried they won't be able to alter it especially since I am losing weight. I knew I should have waited but they were like oh no if you don't order it now it won't be here in time. I have had my dress for months now... So they are such liars. I hate salespeople. I don't know why they have to be so pushy.
  • kaylouyou
    Options
    That sucks about your experience with the salespeople. Try not to stress about the alterations (easier said than done I know). There are so many good seamstresses out there who can make you look stunning in your dress no matter how much you lose. And these dresses are often designed to be altered too.
  • kateraichu
    kateraichu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat as you, stambau2! Wedding in October, dress that (probably) fits (I haven't actually tried it on yet—it's in a different state at my parents' house) and about 10~15 to lose. Also, does CICO stand for "calories in, calories out" meaning you're doing your traditional "keep the calories low" sort of thing? That's what I try to do too. Some advise against counting, but it always works for me.

One thing I've been trying to pay extra attention to is my arms! I've always been kind of soft like mochi, but wedding dresses always show off your arms. I have a dress with off-the-shoulder straps and I'm really trying to make 'em look fabulous! What does everyone else's dress look like? :D
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    kaylouyou wrote: »
    That sucks about your experience with the salespeople. Try not to stress about the alterations (easier said than done I know). There are so many good seamstresses out there who can make you look stunning in your dress no matter how much you lose. And these dresses are often designed to be altered too.

Thanks. I'm trying my best not to worry about stuff. Haha. I just wish I had taken more time and found a dress that fits my personality better too. I actually kind of wish I didn't buy one at all. Just bought a regular white dress or something. Seems like a waste of money now.
  • kaylouyou
    Options
    Mine has off shoulder straps too and big layered skirt. Tried it on the other day and thought probably should have thought through wearing the dress in August a little more.

I did think about buying standard white dress closer to the time too. Save money, less hassle. But rethought it when my mum asked me how many other opportunities I'd have to wear something like this. Slightly regretting now as this first time I've ever dieted to get in to clothes
  • julescba04
    julescba04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I'm getting married in October. I've given up on the scales, so am working on building a little muscle, it's working really well.