Any ideas for a sweet and healthy snack?

Options
I love sweets. I am 27 pounds from my goal and I am looking for some delicious healthy low-calorie snacks hopefully organic not loaded with additives, artificial colors and flavors. Love MFP ! Love counting calories. No forbidden foods.

Replies

• WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Will you use Stevia?

Greek yogurt (unflavored) + chocolate PB2 + Stevia is pretty good. Reminds me of peanut butter cups.
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Dates! Especially stuffed with peanut butter.
    Banana ice cream (freeze bananas, blend until smooth with flavourings if you want them)
    I like chia seed pudding :) Chia seeds, coconut milk, cocoa powder, and cinnamon. Pop it in the fridge and eat :D
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Strawberries!
  • katiestenton
    katiestenton Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Banana and almond butter! I have a really good bannana bread recipie too, (hope you like bananas lol) not sure if i can post pics on here? Will try ..
  • katiestenton
    Options
  • katiestenton
    Options
    Sorry for spamming your post! Couldnt work out how to put it all in one comment. But the banana bread is really good! I make it into cupcakes. I used cashew butter instead of grinding whole cashews x
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Awesome ideas and tips !!
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Check out this site. I have made several of his recipes. They are good!
    http://thebigmansworld.com/recipes/
  • heart4sole
    heart4sole Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My family and I love sugar free angel food cake with light cool whip and fresh strawberries!
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Thank you all !
  • Msdeelight29
    Msdeelight29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My friend makes vegan chocolate hummus... It's AMAZING!! tastes like chocolate pudding...
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries mixed with plain or vanilla yogurt. So good!
  • zugunruhey
    zugunruhey Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love honey roasted almonds! The Blue Diamond brand is only 5 g sugar and 160 calories per 1 oz serving. It does have a large amount of fat (20% RDA), but it's mostly good fats. My doctor actually told me to eat more almonds to raise my good cholesterol and so far honey almonds are my favorite.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Fruit for sure. Plain Greek yogurt added to it. I use Splenda a lot, but I will also use honey or brown sugar. I tried some Greek yogurt bars recently that were crazy sweet. Yasso is the brand. I had the sea salt caramel flavor. They probably have artificial stuff, but they're 100 calories and don't taste like any frozen yogurt I have had before. Of course, I had to eat them 2 at a time. :lol:
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Blueberries
  • cjfarborist
    cjfarborist Posts: 25 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Do you have pintrest? If you do put 100 calorie brownies in the search engine. They are sweetened with bananas and appleaauce and are really tasty. Like really tasty.