It's time to LIVE AGAIN

Options
I started on Saturday May 21st at 10pm when I had to walk 3 miles total to a grocery store because my car wouldn't start. The burn felt so good it was motivating. At 220 lbs, I should have started a long time ago!

Overwhelmed with personal issues which also encouraged the nightly walk, I knew to overcome a lot of things I am going through it was time to GET STARTED, time to FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF, time to LIVE AGAIN, LOVE MYSELF AGAIN, therefor it is time to STOP EATING BAD START EATING HEALTHY, STOP SLEEPING, START BEING ACTIVE!

What made you get started?

Replies

• nanamills1
    nanamills1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to live again and, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired! I share the same sentiments as both of you. Best of luck to all of us.
  • fitnesscat78
    fitnesscat78 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of the way I feel I started at 229.6 and now at 223.4 please add me
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It seems like you have the right attitude and are ready for change ! Congratulations!
    What made me begin was that I was just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I hated what I saw in the mirror and knew I needed to do something about it.
    I learned about portion control and moderation. I learned that fad diets and gimmicks where not needed and don't work for the long haul. I learned that weight loss came down to a calorie deficit . calories In / calories out. Once I was able to let go of all the dieting myths like carbs make people gain weight and fat makes people fat, I was really able to embrase this lifestyle. I lost all my weight and have been maintaining for about three yrs now.
    Best of luck to you !

I'm nervous about maintaining. I have just begun. Glad to hear of people, like you, who've been doing well and have kept the weight off for the long hall!
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit and portion control, that's definitely the ticket. It's hard to believe, when you're just starting, how much better it will be later if you stick with it, but it really will. I've lost 69 lbs. I feel better than I have in decades. Imagine your future self in six months or a year, sending you a message back in time. You can do this!
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    It took me almost 3 months to lose 12 pounds (but I only had 15 to lose to start with). So although my numbers might be smaller, I know what you mean. I was so depressed about what I had let myself become. LAZY and out of shape. I was tired of having to "hide" in bigger clothes. I wanted to be confident again and not hate my body. Today I'm wearing jeans I haven't worn in about 3 years. AND IT FEELS FANTASTIC!
    Good Luck to you!!
  • melaniedurham2
    melaniedurham2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the comments and support!!! Sorry it took so long to reply I couldn't find my discussion.

Things are well I've lost 6 lbs since my original post. Slow pace but definitely moving eating a max of 1200 cals a day and doing something active; walk, 30 min interval, random workouts at random times.

It's hard fighting off those tasty food cravings but I keep the goal in mind ... San Diego beach and a bikini!!!
  • Adr3nalyn3
    Adr3nalyn3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much the same sentiment that I have. I want to get back to living a good life and feeling good about myself. I wish you nothing but the best on your journeys - I know we can all get to where we want to be. :)
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My wife and I went to a local Amusement Park, Cedar Fair's Kings Island. I tried to ride the Diamondback Roller Coaster and I was physically to large to ride the coaster. I knew at that point I had to make a change. I had to do something.

That was on a Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning I told my wife "Whatever we're going to eat, we're going to do it today. Because Tomorrow it all changes."

And it did. Cold turkey. On and Off. there was no transition into it....

I went from 326 in June of 2014 to 217 in June of 2015 and I've kept it off since. And Yes, we're pass holders and I have to ride it at least once every time we go now.... I'm actually thinking of doing a VLOG on my two year point from the Entrance to that ride.

*Diamondback is hyperlinked to the YouTube Video to the ride.
  • alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way as you guys. Due to a hip injury I had to give up running about a year ago and quickly put on 10 lbs. I am ready to get those pounds off and maybe a few more, I want to feel better. I am now doing water therapy in hopes to be able to run again in the near future. Good luck everyone...we can do this!!