Hi!

Options
Hi all,

I've been on MFP for a few months, and just recently started checking out the message board for motivation. Just thought I'd say hello! :)

I've been struggling with my weight for the last 12 years or so. I am an emotional eater, so getting to the root of that is really what I need to be able to succeed in my weight loss journey. It's no easy task, as I'm sure a lot of you know. I've done weight watchers numerous times, and the most i was able lose was 20 lbs and then I would end up giving up. I'm proud to say that I'm down 24 lbs right now, just by using mfp and being accountable to myself! I don't know what clicked in my head to make it work this time, but I'm not going to complain! I have a long way to go and I'm taking it one step at a time!

Thanks for reading!

:)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It just takes a little work on your part. My advice is educate yourself on healthy eating. Buy a food scale and watch portions. Limit processed and fast foods. Cook fresh Veggies and Meats. Eat whole grain Low carb Low Cal Breads and Pasta. Fresh Fruits. Did I say watch Portions. In the beginning it will be hard to get over cravings. But if you stick with it you will. Don't drink your calories. Did I say watch portions. Oh and watch portions.
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    hi my name is mary and i have been a member since yesterday. i have tried ww as well and found that it wasnt working for me. i just had a baby 3 months ago and after having 8 kids it is time for me to take care of my self. i have quit smoking 6 years ago and after that i packed on the pounds so i think it is time for me. my motivations it my schoolinf for nutritionist and personal training. so i will work for them. i already have my cert for personal trainer just gotta finish for nutritionist. hope this site helps to keep me in check with my food consumption. i look forward to using this web site. it is better so far than others i have used. God bless Mary Wellner
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    hi my name is mary and i have been a member since yesterday. i have tried ww as well and found that it wasnt working for me. i just had a baby 3 months ago and after having 8 kids it is time for me to take care of my self. i have quit smoking 6 years ago and after that i packed on the pounds so i think it is time for me. my motivations it my schoolinf for nutritionist and personal training. so i will work for them. i already have my cert for personal trainer just gotta finish for nutritionist. hope this site helps to keep me in check with my food consumption. i look forward to using this web site. it is better so far than others i have used. God bless Mary Wellner

God Bless you with 8 Kids! When do you have time to think? Good luck and happy you are taking time for YOU.
  • melandcurt
    melandcurt Posts: 16
    Options
    Do I know you? ;0
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You look familiar to me. Hee! Welcome, and congrats on your awesome success and determination, my friend. <3
  • Chrissyvk
    Chrissyvk Posts: 7
    Options
    Kel, I'm so proud of you! You are doing great, keep up the great work!