Gained a lb

Options
jessalva77
jessalva77 Posts: 2 Member
I realize that I have just started my diet a week ago today and I'm not expecting to see drastic immediate changes but I stuck very close to a strict low carb no sugar diet with a little cardio and I gained a lb. so frustrating and discouraging

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Did you count calories? If yes, how?
    Also, did you start a new exercise regime recently? If yes, then that 1lb (which is hardly anything) is water weight.

And, low carb does not equal weight loss. I eat carbs and sugar and lose weight.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Low-carb, low-sugar... those are high in FML for me. Honestly, track your calorie input. It will do you more good than tracking net carbs or anything else. You can adjust your diet to limit certain carbs (for instance, I don't eat a lot of bread and I limit my tortilla/chips to 1-2 servings per week because I like fruit and fruit takes up much of my carb intake for the day), but you don't have to. You will find greater satisfaction/less hunger cravings with a higher protein intake, but it's what your feasibly able to accomplish in the long term that matters.

It's also easier for everyone to really help you if you have your diary open and you log everything that you eat.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Long-term nothing will produce consistent weight loss but lowering your daily calories. No matter what the calculator says, your body is individual, and the weight either comes off or it doesn't. If it doesn't, the calories have to go lower. On the other hand, your weight graph will probably never look like a straight line slanting downward. Mine always looks like a wave, with the peaks slowly but surely getting lower over time. The waves generally last 3-4 days, but that varies, too. If I don't get a trough in a couple of weeks, I lower my calories again, or increase my exercise, or both.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    See this chart for some helpful weight loss tips:

zud3u8htpjgp.jpeg