GCC 2016

Options
AS the GCC for 2016 starts in under 24 hours, I was curious if there are many MFP'ers participating. There are about 21 from my office participating. So, my goal is to be number 1 for my office. Should mean about 16,000 steps a day, assuming no injuries, I should be able to do that easily.

Best of luck to any others who are participating.

Replies

• vilenski193
    vilenski193 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Gcc?
  • Anaris2014
    Anaris2014 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    GCC = Global Corporate Challenge.

It's basically a program intended to help workplaces encourage their staff to be more active. It's based on a "steps per day" challenge for your team of 7 to take sufficient steps to circumnavigate the globe in 100 days.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Quite a few from our company are doing it. Our team is looking to top the charts for the company. Which means we need to be doing around 25 - 30k steps a day average per team member. Looking forward to it.
  • UliKutting
    UliKutting Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    25 - 30k steps? OK ... I'm GCC first timer. And disillusioned by now...
  • Anaris2014
    Options
    In a good year (and 10kgs lighter) I averaged 28,000. Most do around 12,000. My starting goal is 12500 a day, increasing as I get fitter.

Really you should just have your own goal and have fun with it - either as a rivalry or team effort.
  • UliKutting
    UliKutting Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    OK. The GCC system set my starting Goal on 15k. We'll see... :)
  • Anaris2014
    Options
    UliKutting wrote: »
    OK. The GCC system set my starting Goal on 15k. We'll see... :)

Best of luck mate. Just remember, it's not a race. No point pushing for an injury.
  • michlowther
    michlowther Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My company is doing it as well - my first time doing the GCC challenge - so far, I have discovered that I'm not moving enough...and bringing my team down - so now I'm motivated to get up there for my team - Go Team!! :-)