Crossfit

Options
Anyone have good ideas on pre workout foods for wods.

Replies

• Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I CrossFit at 6am each morning, which means getting up a 5am to get ready, so at that time I'm not interested in eating much. My current regiment is to just drink a protein shake right when I wake up. I take a pre-workout right before I leave for the box and I'm good to go. Since this is what I've gotten used to, even if I have to adjust and workout in the evening, or later morning on the weekends, I stick to what I know works. In the past I've done yogurt, banana, protein bar, small piece of chicken, etc. but a shake is just so easy and then I don't have to think about getting protein and carbs.
  • stvnduffy
    stvnduffy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I've tried just a coffee it worked at the work but wore off now. Thanks.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same schedule....coffee and protein bar usually. Shake and eggs with salsa and avocado afterwords.
  • stvnduffy
    Options
    Sounds great buddy. Thanks.
  • MudRunChica
    MudRunChica Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm at the box at 5 a.m...I literally wake up, pee, get dressed, brush teeth, and go. I've tried lifting/running/WODing after eating and it makes me sick to my stomach.
  • cs4156
    cs4156 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I toast a 1/2 P28Bagel and Cashew Spread.
  • stvnduffy
    Options
    stvnduffy wrote: »
    Sounds great buddy. Thanks.
    cs4156 wrote: »
    I toast a 1/2 P28Bagel and Cashew Spread.

Thanks for that
  • stvnduffy
    Options
    I'm at the box at 5 a.m...I literally wake up, pee, get dressed, brush teeth, and go. I've tried lifting/running/WODing after eating and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Thanks nice information
  • MudRunChica
    MudRunChica Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Thanks nice information

You mean the TMI? LOL
  • stvnduffy
    Options

Thanks nice information

You mean the TMI? LOL

Yeah something like that :smile:
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Try Vitargo if you don't feel you can eat before a WOD. If I have an hour or two, I will try to get in 50 g of starchy carbs, usually a spotty banana with old fashioned oatmeal.
  • stvnduffy
    Options
    Brilliant will look that up
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend, looking for more cross fitter friends ;) ! If I go early in the morning I do coffee with liquid protien in it (I have used rumble brand and also a milk based one). I prefer one in liquid form over powder in my coffee.
    If I am going to a later class I usually have egg whites with veggie or protien pancakes several hours before. And then coffee or zipfrizz for the preworkout.
  • stvnduffy
    Options
    Add me as a friend, looking for more cross fitter friends ;) ! If I go early in the morning I do coffee with liquid protien in it (I have used rumble brand and also a milk based one). I prefer one in liquid form over powder in my coffee.
    If I am going to a later class I usually have egg whites with veggie or protien pancakes several hours before. And then coffee or zipfrizz for the preworkout.

Thanks for you information, sounds great