Hello!

Options
I've actually been on mfp for a little over a year now, but I just now decided to introduce myself.
My name is Heather and as of today I've lost 47lbs. I've just finally got tired of beating myself up because I wasn't losing fast enough.
I now realize I was doing more harm than good and I have really started enjoying my journey.
I love seeing the pounds come off bit by bit and the fact that I can go out and buy new clothes in a smaller size!
I haven't felt this good about myself in a very long time and even though I still have a ways to go, I'm not giving up! So no matter what people, don't give up on your goals keep on pushing towards them. There is no gain without pain, there is no celebration without struggle.
I hope this can encourage anyone out there who has been where I have been. Don't let discouragement get in the way of success.
God bless you on your journey to a better healthier life!

Replies

• ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather. Congratulations on 47lbs. That is great and certainly proof that you shouldn't be beating yourself up. Slow and steady wins the race. I've heard that if you lose weight slowly, you are more apt to keep it off. So far that has been true for me. Since I started my journey, I've lost 75lbs. I have lost 26 of that since I joined MFP.
  • melindabloom1965
    melindabloom1965 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Melinda and need support! I am a procrastinator, and have wanted to loose weight most of my life!