I'm so bad at consistency

Does anyone else do really great for a good week to two weeks then find themselves purging? I've found myself do this so many times. I'll lose about 2-3 lbs in one week then gain it all back in 2 days. I hate myself every single time I do this and sometimes I just laugh at how silly it is. I keep telling myself its because I don't have a health buddy to consistently tell me to be strong. I feel like I need someone to continuously tell me, "Not too much!" Any suggestions? Lol, anyone want to be my work out buddy? I don't know what do anymore.

Replies

• maggs0033
    maggs0033 Posts: 2 Member
    Ill be a consistancy buddy friend me
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    I can't even go one or two weeks! I can do about 3-4 days, then I start going over my goal, then over maintenance. Honestly, I think my week just averages out to maintenance or a little over. The scale has crept up about 3 pounds in the last year.
  • AllSUMLIFE
    AllSUMLIFE Posts: 27 Member
    I learned about macro-nutrients, how to plan my meals ahead of time, pre-log them and stay on track through a free online community. I'm happy to check in with you if you think that will help or share more about how I learned to be consistent. :smile:

Add me and/or message me if you're interested.
  • DavesGoal185
    DavesGoal185 Posts: 54 Member
    I think this is a pretty common thing. I can only offer what has helped for me.

1. I found it very helpful to fill out(plan) my meals at least one day ahead. This helps me know exactly where I am and not snack or go over my cals.

2. I rarely eat back my exercise cals unless they are well above 1000, and even then I use it as a buffer.

3. Weekly everages work just as well as watching it daily, although it is harder to control your daily intake when needed. This I use as a tool for when I cant plan.

4. Although I don't watch my salt intake, I do try not to consume really large amounts(processed foods). That is typically when I see my weight stagnate or go up again. This may be what you are experiencing, because you won't put on 2 pounds in just a couple of days. It is likely water retention.

5. feel free to add me :) (this goes for anyone)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    It sounds as if you've set your goals too aggressively.
    According to your ticker, you have 21lbs to lose. Your goal should be no more than 1lb/week; not 2-3lbs. You're probably losing motivation because you're starving.
    If you exercise, be sure to eat back at least half of the burned calories as well in order to fuel that workout.

Set a realistic, sustainable weight loss goal. You'll be able to stick to it and stop punishing yourself.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    PaytraB wrote: »
    It sounds as if you've set your goals too aggressively.
    According to your ticker, you have 21lbs to lose. Your goal should be no more than 1lb/week; not 2-3lbs. You're probably losing motivation because you're starving.
    If you exercise, be sure to eat back at least half of the burned calories as well in order to fuel that workout.

Set a realistic, sustainable weight loss goal. You'll be able to stick to it and stop punishing yourself.

<This. Yes!>

Read my story--
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10373426/how-making-choices-has-helped-me-lose-over-80-pounds#latest
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    AllSUMLIFE wrote: »
    I learned about macro-nutrients, how to plan my meals ahead of time, pre-log them and stay on track through a free online community. I'm happy to check in with you if you think that will help or share more about how I learned to be consistent. :smile:

Add me and/or message me if you're interested.

Sounds familiar. Is it called MyFitnessPal? ;)