Hello from Des Moines Iowa!

Options
Hi! I'm Deena. I've struggled all my life with my weight and I've started MFP 2 weeks ago and have lost 3.6lbs.
I'm super excited to see more of this future self of me that is trying to get out. I've long awaited it.
Something has finally clicked and I'm excited to finally start this journey. I intend to lose 150+lbs; so this might take a while... but I'm one foot in the direction I want to be for me, my husband, and two boys.
I'm excited to have anyone as friends in the Des Moines area who may be going ton this same journey. Feel free to send me requests! I don't have many friends in the area and always looking for new friends!

Replies

• guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Im originally from Iowa too, im from the Burlington area :) I live in South Florida now but Iowa is home. I wish you luck on your journey Deena!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Love the feeling when it finally "clicks"! ;) We're just outside of Waterloo now, but I lived in Urbandale until I was 12. You've got a lot of work ahead of you, but it can absolutely be done and you want it to take a while! Easier on your body, easier on your mind, and much kinder to your skin (and you don't have to starve yourself ;) ) Welcome :)
  • smburton86
    smburton86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm also from Des Moines and have a similar journey ahead.