Ladies cycling shorts

Options
Recommendations please but not too expensive, must be available online (I live in france) I think after 3 years my muddy fox shorts need replacing. I had to cut short my ride this morning as my poor little nunu was hurting lol

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Fox, Sugoi and Pearl Izumi (I have several daughters).

Or go to decathlon in France to look at different models.

If you are hurting, consider that the seat level or position is probably wrong. The tailbone should sit towards the back of the seat and take the weight. If the rest tilt is too high, you get front pressure, if the seat angle is too low or seat is too back, you'll slide forward and but more pressure on the front.

Check out the series from BicycleLab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-wdfEcedq8

It might be more related to your seat, than the shorts.

Bonne Route!
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thank you xx
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

These are all good suggestions (Sugoi is my favourite but I am a man though...)

I'm pretty sure Wiggle ship to France so you could check out their DHB range which is competitively priced.
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Just checked out Wiggle x got the hump now lol going to sell my sole to the devil so I can buy loads of goodies xxx
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Castelli is by far my favorite, and while they are available on line, most people wouldn't put them in the inexpensive category.

I also like Craft and Mavic for mid-level options. Pearl Izumi makes some pretty good stuff at more of an entry level price.
  • milla1985
    milla1985 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I bought some B Twin ones from Decathlon at the weekend due to having left my bib shorts back in England. Cheap and cheerful but it depends whether you want bib shorts or not (I much prefer them as they stay up and you don't need to worry about there being a gap between shorts and top at the back, if you see what I mean).

My Rapha ladies bib shorts are pretty comfy...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »

These are all good suggestions (Sugoi is my favourite but I am a man though...)

I'm pretty sure Wiggle ship to France so you could check out their DHB range which is competitively priced.

Wiggle, Bike24, ChainReaction all ship to France without issue (I've bought and had stuff sent there).
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,064 Member
    Options
    I need to find a new pair ... or two or three. My favourites aren't made anymore and the ones in my drawer are too big.