1/2 small fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
4 Kalamata or other black olives, rinsed and drained, pitted and thinly sliced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
2 large sprigs rosemary

EQUIPMENT

Parchment paper

INSTRUCTIONS:

Preheat oven to 400°F.
Tear off 1 piece of parchment to form a square. Place parchment on a baking dish and place fish in center of square. Drizzle with oil, then rub with garlic and season with black pepper. Sprinkle sun-dried tomatoes over top. Arrange onion slices over fish, and top with fennel and olives. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and lay rosemary sprigs on either side of fish, tucking them firmly against fillet.
To fold parchment, grasp top and bottom edges parallel to work surface and bring them together up over food, pinching together at the top. Fold over by about 1 inch, then continue folding down, leaving about 1/2 inch of space above the fish to allow for steam. Fold each side toward center until about 1/4 inch from fish.
Place baking dish in oven and cook for 12 to 14 minutes, depending on thickness of fish. Remove baking dish from oven and place pouch on a serving dish or plate. Carefully unfold parchment to allow steam to escape and serve immediately. If desired, serve this light fish entree with a side salad.

Nutrients per serving (5 oz halibut with vegetable topping): Calories: 331, Total Fat: 13 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 15 g, Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 38 g, Sodium: 469 mg, Cholesterol: 54 mg

Replies

• SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Bump! This recipe looks great. If you dont mind, I'd like to add it to my blog (which I am gaining recipes and picture for!) as well! This looks like something RIGHT up my alley ;)
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    This sounds really yummy, I am going to make it this weekend!! Thanks so much :)
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    sounds fine! ENJOY!!!!!!!!
    Bump! This recipe looks great. If you dont mind, I'd like to add it to my blog (which I am gaining recipes and picture for!) as well! This looks like something RIGHT up my alley ;)
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    This sounds really yummy, I am going to make it this weekend!! Thanks so much :)

Oh??? Just 1 serving? your guest will be jealous ;)
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yumm! I will be trying this one for sure:) Thanks for sharing.
  • tdicande
    tdicande Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    FYI.... clean eating magazine has this recipie and others like it free on their website.