I am doing it this time, for real!

Options
Hello everybody!

I'm Lindsey. I have been a member of myfitnesspal for, I'd say, about a month now but I am always off and on about tracking my food. I've been wanting to lose 10 pounds for over 6 months now and I just need to do it! My goal is to exercise at least 3x a week for 60 minutes with strength training mixed it.

I did my first kickboxing class last night and LOVED IT so I'm adding that to my regime along with cycle!

How do you stay motivated to track food? Sometimes I seem to forget for days! Look forward to seeing everybody's posts on the message board!

Replies

• Sidneylog
    Sidneylog Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi,

I'm exactly the same, but getting better. Must say that it's people's kind words on here that motivates me and gives me the kick up the bottom that I need when I need it.

Good luck :)

Jacinta
  • monty354
    monty354 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Lindsey,

I'm new on MFP, like you are. I am really enjoying the site so far and love reading about everyone's successes.

You can lose the 10 lbs you need to! Just keep talking to yourself positively and you'll get there. I have more than 10 lbs to lose and I'm self-talking all the time to keep me motivated. I've got to do this! And I can! As can you!

As far as journaling, maybe if you plan ahead first thing in the morning (like I do)... that is, if you're a morning person, go on to MFP and try and plan out your days food the best you can, and then update the previous day's journal each morning after. Or, before you go to bed might be a good time. It's pretty important for accountability, I feel, to journal. You can easily forget things you are putting into your mouth and they do add up. I think it slows down the weight loss. I'm still new at this,but I find MFP to be easy to use and very fast. I like adding my meals in and then seeing how much I have left for the day.

Good luck! I look forward to hearing how you're doing and seeing the pounds come off for you!
  • kimconnolly
    kimconnolly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am in the same boat, been on here for months but just now really starting to follow. I downloaded the MFP app for my phone and find that helps me alot. I have only been started (again) for 3 days but so far so good!!
  • sarahemily86
    sarahemily86 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Lindsey! Welcome!

The one thing that helps me log my food is using the app on my smart phone... you can do it anywhere at anytime!
    Feel free to add me!

Good Luck with losing!

Sarah
  • konjit
    konjit Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey....
    Im in the same boat. THIS IS IT!(Michael Jackson voice). No more weight loss New Year Goal. I wana reach it by then. MFP has an awesome postivity I hope to use during down time!...

GOOD LUCK to you BOTH!
    Konjit
  • lindseymariep
    lindseymariep Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great idea planning out your day's food. I bet that works very well. Especially if you work, you can already have planned out exactly what you are eating.

You have to have a positive image in your head that you can do this and stay motivated. My problem is being PATIENT. Everybody wants instant gratification and healthy weight loss needs to come slowly with time in order to keep the pounds off!

WOW, this board is great!! Accountability is extremely important as you said. I like your ideas! Good luck to you too! WE CAN DO IT!!
  • KristinL19
    KristinL19 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    These are all really great ideas! I'm new to the site as well Lindsey, but you're right, everyone is so encouraging and helpful. I have the summer off, so I don't find it too difficult to log my food, I do it right after I eat something. But when I am back to work in September, I'm going to do what others have suggested - plan out my meals in the morning and log them in before I go to work. It is really motivating to see how many calories you will consume/how many you might go over, and also how much extra exercise you might need to do!

Also, I try to read one success story every morning before I start my day - they are really motivating and encouraging! I will have a story on that forum one day!! (And so will you!)

Good luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend!
    -Kristin