stop eating

Options
What time do you stop eating?
I gained weight been eating too much and real hungry after my workouts. when is best time to stop eating for the day?whens the best time to do your workout ?

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    There's no specific time you have to stop eating or you have to workout. You can eat at 1:00am if you like, just make sure you track the calories so you know you're burning more than you're eating.
  • starling39
    starling39 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm the odd ball it looks like... I swear if I eat past 7:30pm at the latest I'm miserable the next day and find it harder to lose the weight. Then again I've gained 50 lbs over the last seven years and I'm finally losing it. Do something you wanna try for a week or two and see how it works for you, if you don't like it then change it up ;)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I stop eating for the day when I've had all my planned meals. Yesterday, it was today, actually. I don't really work out, I mostly walk, you have to decide yourself how to fit eating and moving into your schedule.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I don't have a set time. I stop eating after dinner. Usually that's between 7-9pm. It honestly never occurs to me to eat after dinner. I'm not sure why that might be, but the best I can think of is that I don't eat too early, and I make sure my meals are satisfying.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes down to calories not what time you've eaten them
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I never eat past 8pm, because I feel like it affects my sleep quality, but it is very personal - find what works for you :)
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I generally do not eat after dinner, mostly because that is when I find it hardest to exercise portion (or any) control. I also find it's better for my blood sugar in the morning as I'm diabetic.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It's up to your specific mood/appetite.

If my dinner is at a regular time, I enjoy a small snack before bed. I absolutely cannot sleep if I'm hungry, and it makes me miserable.

When I work the close shift at work, I get home close to midnight and will have my dinner then. There is no truth to the "YOU CANT EAT AFTER 7PM OR IT CONVERTS DIRECTLY TO FAT" mass hysteria that people in my life still try to insist upon, despite my weight loss success eating at all times of day.

Timing is irrelevant for me. I have 3 pretty even meals a day, and have snacks with whatever leftover calories I have before hitting 1600-ish.
  • echeribel
    echeribel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone this was very helpful. .my eating schedule has been really random , sometimes i exercise really late at night or early when my two toddlers allow me too.. now i dont feel as if im doing something wrong when i eat a pbj at 12:00 am before bed .i will keep track of my calorie intake more now .. and make sure my meals are not too far apart. thnks again!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    echeribel wrote: »
    What time do you stop eating?
    I gained weight been eating too much and real hungry after my workouts. when is best time to stop eating for the day?whens the best time to do your workout ?
    Stop eating whenever you want. Timing has NO effect on weight loss. None.
    Sometimes I'll eat up until 30 minutes of going to sleep, other times it can be a couple hours.

If you're having trouble adhering to your calorie goal, consider splitting up your calories evenly throughout the day. This is what I do, and it helps. I also pre-plan my diary the night before.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I exercise mostly at night as well as its the best time to fit it in. So I regularly have a small snack after 10pm almost every night. Do what works for you.