diabetic

Options
I am at 3 different pills a day for my diabetes and don't want it to escalate to the next level of having to go on insulin. I just started exercising regularing and paying closer attention to what I eat. I look forward to getting better control of my health and life with food.:smile:

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    u can do it! I am Diabetic as well start monitoring and talk with a dietician
  • botography
    botography Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am told that I am pre-diabetic. So here are some questions.
    1.My problem is NOT DURING THE DAY. I simply wake up in the morning with a slightly high count. All day long I am normal. Then it all starts again when I sleep. Not sure how to handle this. Not eating in my dreams I don't think and not sleepwalking and eating secretly. What can I do? Anyone have this,

2. Fruits are loaded with sugar (count is high if you are adding sugars for the day). How do you get around eating healthy fruit?

3. My friend was ill and lost 100 pounds. Her type 2 diabetes is cured. Will my weight loss help?
  • gizmo0870
    gizmo0870 Posts: 3
    Options
    Your weight loss will help in controlling your diabetes. The answer to the question about your sugar level at night is that your body produces sugar all night long that is why you probably have higher blood sugars in the morning and pancreas does not produce enough insulin to handle the sugars. As far as fruits with sugar it is all in portion size such as a banana is high in sugar. About half a banana is equal to one carb exchange. My advise to you is to not only watch your sugar content but also the number of carbs in everything you may be surprised. About 6 months ago my A1C was 9.2. I knew there had to be some changes made in my life so that I didn't end up on insulin. He had me go to a diabetic class which helped me learn about proper nutrition for diabetics. He also added a new pill to my meds and it is great. Now my A1C is 7.2 which is a lot better. It is a constant struggle and challenge but I know we will both be successful in our battle with diabetes and our weight loss goals.

Betsy