Stomach problems! Ughhh!

Options
Please give advice! I'm on a weight gain journey, and seem like all the weight I'm gaining is going straight to my stomach! Looks like I'm pregnant! I been trying sit-ups but doesn't seem to be working...any suggestions?

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Could it just be belly bloat? I ask because I get the same way if I eat a lot of foods that are high in fiber. If you are tracking your food here on MFP, check your daily fiber intake to see that it isn't too much. Best wishes on your weight gain journey. :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    And lift heavy progressively.
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thank genetics. You can't determine where your fat gains are. At best you can try to make some muscle gains and slow down fat gains.

How many calories are you eating and how much weight you gaining per week?

And are you still using Apetamin?
  • lplummer324
    Options
    I'm trying to take in at least 3,000 calories a day. I'm gaining about 1 to 3 pounds a week...and I'm still taking Apetamin twice a day. My stomach is really sticking out to the point I look like I'm a few months pregnant! I went to the store the other day and the cashier asked me if I was pregnant!! OMG that was sooooo embarrassing lol
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    It's probably a food baby! I mean, you are eating more than you were previously, and it can take a while for your digestive system to catch up. Do you feel bloated? Are you evacuating your bowels consistently? It is possible that you gain weight in your tummy first, and it will look more even as you gain weight throughout your body. Try a full-body lifting routine to stimulate your muscles and see if you can put on some of your weight as muscle instead of pure fat.
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Try drinking more water also.
  • emoran1223
    emoran1223 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way .. it's going to my stomach I'm up to 92lb and look prego lol also on apetamin
  • lplummer324
    Options
    It's probably a food baby! I mean, you are eating more than you were previously, and it can take a while for your digestive system to catch up. Do you feel bloated? Are you evacuating your bowels consistently? It is possible that you gain weight in your tummy first, and it will look more even as you gain weight throughout your body. Try a full-body lifting routine to stimulate your muscles and see if you can put on some of your weight as muscle instead of pure fat.

I do feel bloated after eating...i will try the body lifting routine...Thanks for the advice!
  • lplummer324
    Options
    Try drinking more water also.

I will...thanks!
  • lplummer324
    Options
    emoran1223 wrote: »
    I'm the same way .. it's going to my stomach I'm up to 92lb and look prego lol also on apetamin

I'm thinking about getting a waist trainer and start some ab workouts...my stomach is getting out of control! Lol but the Apetamin is really helping!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Drop the syrup, add lifting and slow down your weight gain. Averaging two lbs a week is very aggressive and will essentially be all fat. Drop to 2250 to 2500 so you can gain .5 to 1 lb per week.

Its possible your body isnt responding well to the syrup which is causing bloating. Btw, one of the girls that suggested the syrup is having the same issue. If i can find the thread i will post it.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    1-3lbs a week sounds like where your problem is....

That's way too fast
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Does the syrup have sugar alcohols in it? My tummy will bloat bad from too many eggs/sugar alcohol/Splenda/sodium/not enough fiber.
  • larsminnaar
    larsminnaar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Probably that drug youve been using. Try a few weeks without and see how that goes for ya