Banana Chocolate Protein Pancakes (No Flour)

Options
5884570976_c63c718469_m.jpg
IMAG0068 by swinginchandra, on Flickr

5884005733_63de5130f2_m.jpg
IMAG0066 by swinginchandra, on Flickr

They are just so amazing, I have to share!!! Inspired my a fellow MFP'ers flourless pancakes, and based on this (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/almond-banana-pancakes/) recipe, but modified to add protein powder, and reduce carbs.
The ingredients are:

1 whole egg (70 Calories)
1 Banana (105 Calories)
1 Scoop Chocolate Weigh Protein Powder (93 calories)
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (38 Calories)
1/2 Tbsp Unsalted Peanut Butter (48 Calories)

For a total of 354 calories 38g Carbs 10g Fat 35g Protein

Combine until batter like, and then cook like regular pancakes. My chocolate protein powder is GNC AMP wheybolic 60. It tastes AHHHH-Mazing.

I only used 1/8 cup Greek Yogurt in the batter, and the other 1/8th cup is the dallop ontop.

Next time, I'd like to try two bananas like the ingredients state... That was just a little much for only me. By the way, these are so satisfying! I had them 4 hours ago, and I'm still full!!!

Replies

• dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    These sound good, I think I'd like to try them with vanilla protein powder and without the Peanut Butter so I can have some sugar free syrup on top.
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    How many servings does this make? Do you know how much batter makes 1 serving?
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bluscorpion
    bluscorpion Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So I'm assuming from the math that the 354 calories are for the entire batter, but how many servings do you think it makes? And this may be a really stupid question, but what is Greek yogurt? Would plain or vanilla be ok in it or does it need the yogurt at all? Thank you!
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    That was a serving for me... 354 calories is fine for breakfast, although it was a ton of food, i could've eaten less! It makes... I dunno, 1.5 cups of batter? Didn't really notice.

I'm curious what people do with these, I want to perfect them! Report back with any modifications, and results, if you want!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    bump
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    So I'm assuming from the math that the 354 calories are for the entire batter, but how many servings do you think it makes? And this may be a really stupid question, but what is Greek yogurt? Would plain or vanilla be ok in it or does it need the yogurt at all? Thank you!

I don't think it really needs the yogurt, although it tastes great with it - nice fresh taste. The pancakes are pretty rich. Greek Yogurt is pretty awesome though, you should check it out. Higher protein than regular yogurt, and more thick and stuff. Try a small container next time you go grocery shopping!
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I just looked up the originial recipe and I am going to give that a go:

Simple Banana Pancakes

2 bananas
    1 egg
    generous TBSP almond butter

Mix well in mini processor or similar appliance Add more Almond butter if necessary for desired texture Add spices like nutmeg/cinnamon if you like Cook up as silver dollar size pancakes and make sure the sides are browned (they are very delicate)

Then there is also this recipe for cottage cheese pancakes, that is awesome!!

1/2 c. Cottage Cheese
    1 c. Oats
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. nutmeg
    1 banana (optional)

Throw in a food processor, blend and cook on a griddle.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    bump :love:
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    That looks so good. I'm so hungry [forgot to eat my snack - rats!]. Thank God it's almost lunchtime.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    bump - mmm - weekend breakfast sorted!!
  • urbanmasala
    urbanmasala Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    These sound delicious! Going to give them a try this weekend. Thanks for the recipe.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome. I usually make my protein shakes with banana, pb and chocolate protein powder.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    bump!!