Reality is not pretty.

Options
My highest weight ever was 355 lbs. When I started losing this time around I was 315 lbs. I was down to 196 lbs and thus morning I am 212 lbs! I have been eating too much and not tracking. I think every day I will start back tomorrow. The number on the scale scared me today. Just one day. If I can just get thru today then I would feel sane again.

Replies

• mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You've identified your problem. Now get rid of it. Keep tracking and make yourself accountable. Log everything you eat. The only person you are cheating is yourself. Fix it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    mommazach wrote: »
    You've identified your problem. Now get rid of it. Keep tracking and make yourself accountable. Log everything you eat. The only person you are cheating is yourself. Fix it.

Right. But, also balance that out with the expectation that every day won't be perfect (there's no such thing) and every day will be different. Plan your meals, log your food and stick to plan. You've been very successful so far so don't give in to the "all or nothing" mindset. Life happens and we have to keep adapting to it.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Start tracking NOW.
    not tomorrow
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Use the scale to your advantage & motivation. Being scared of going back to where I was (301 and barely able to walk) is what keeps me going. Each. And. Every. Day. That's not my only motivation, because my new-found abilities and energy and "freedom" to do what I want keeps me stoked. But that "fear" is always in the back of my mind and helps me make the right choices.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I started at 272.4 in January. In the Reports I can see a chart of my daily check-in weight. Maybe I was trying too hard, but in about the 2nd or 3rd week I had such a day. I ate everything in the house. We had to buy new furniture, even. He was such a nice puppy, too. I gained 10 lb overnight. The chart shows that sharp rise of 10 lb, and the next few days it was just as sharp a fall. I got back on track and had a good month before my next binge day. There was a gain for that day, but the peak weight of the second binge was still below that start weight of the first binge day. Another month and another binge, but this time it was not as severe. However, with the third binge I figured out that all the binge days started with an inadequate breakfast. I've had a good breakfast every day since and 2 months without a binge! So far I've lost 48 lb.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Also, open your diary to "Public". I suspect a lot of folks are skeered that strangers will say something about their food. Yes. And it might be truth you need to know.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You've done so well, but you don't want to slip back into old habits....you owe it to yourself to keep going - so get back at it, stay on track and focus on your goal :smiley:
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Right. But, also balance that out with the expectation that every day won't be perfect (there's no such thing) and every day will be different. Plan your meals, log your food and stick to plan. You've been very successful so far so don't give in to the "all or nothing" mindset. Life happens and we have to keep adapting to it.

This! You don't have to start again! You just have to keep going. You are changing your life, and you can't expect to do that without slipping up. It's literally inevitable because no one can be perfect all the time. You'll have meals and days and maybe even weeks and months that aren't perfect, but it doesn't mean you've failed! Once I realized that, it made it a lot easier to just keep on pushing and not get discouraged.
  • jawillia
    jawillia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. Every day will not be a victory. Every step on the scale will not show a loss. But look how far you have come. You're going to have moments when your weight increases some, but just recognize that it is and then get yourself back on track. A week ago I was eating salad everyday for lunch and yesterday I was eating frosting off of a spoon (yes, seriously). It's ok. I didn't blow the whole day. I didn't blow all my effort (unless I do that constantly). I had a craving and I gave in. Who is going to live thier entire life eating nothing but healthy and never indulge in anything? Moderation, as they say, is the key. Don't think that you've lost all hope. Just recognize that you need to get back on track, congratulate yourself for the hard work you've put in and keep moving forward!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Start today, not tomorrow! And remind yourself that you have successfully lost over 100 pounds, even with your recent setback. That's impressive! Try to learn from your recent weight gain, but don't dwell on it or beat yourself up over it. You have the knowledge and tools to succeed at weight loss, but your recent experience suggests that you still need to develop tools for succeeding at weight maintenance. Maybe it would help to think about that as your next challenge?

Good luck!
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    You know what to do. You've already done it. Now go do it again.