Binges and motivation

Options
I'm having the hardest time staying on my meal plan. I snack too much and I don't know how to stop, I'm hungry all the time and I often binge at night. I don't know how to fix it, I also have digestive issues and eating unhealthy makes me very sick so this combination is not good. Any tips!?

Replies

• lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    For me personally I've found that if my calories are too low, I'll want to eat everything in sight. Do you have any wiggle room to up your calories? I also avoid night time snacking by not eating after 8pm, otherwise the kitchen would never close. I used to be a bad night time/boredom eater, but for me it's much easier to manage if I cut myself off at a certain time.
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Here's my binge problem: eat small during the day and then BAM I EAT EVERYTHING AT NIGHT NON-STOP JUST PUT IT ALL ON MY PLATE. I'm actively working on trying to fix this. I read that you have to train your body how to understand hunger from cravings. Look up some tips to fight cravings and try some out to see what works for you.
  • LoveEpifanie
    LoveEpifanie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would start off making small changes in how you eat. Trying to change all the bad at once is just difficult. For example, I recognized that my biggest problem was drinking too much regular pop. So I cut out all drinks that had calories. I drink mainly water now with a few diet pops or teas but everything else stayed the same. Once I had that habit down, I went on to the next problem area which was fast food. I stopped making trips to fast food restaurants. I'm slowly making changes to my lifestyle that I want to keep around forever. My favorite motivation is saying to myself, "If I never stop, I never have to start again."
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Yes I would agree, could you up your calories a bit? I also have had that problem, it's so hard to stay on point with the eating!! I have noticed that when I eat natural foods, I have less cravings. For example if I have this for dinner: salmon, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, and salad = no hunger after dinner. If I eat pasta, totally hungry an hour later! maybe up your protein at every meal, that might help as well.
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I used to binge at night and then I realized it's because I vastly prefer eating at night. So I don't eat breakfast, have a tiny 200-300 cal lunch at 1ish, and eat everything else after 5. Lost 73ish pounds, now in maintenance.