PiYo Workout - Any Good?

Options
I have just bought Chalene Johnson's PiYo workout to start when I finish up my current workout. Has anyone tried this? I was going to buy T25 but PiYo caught my interest :-)

Replies

• ajsmith1974
    ajsmith1974 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I liked it, I did drop inches and really gained flexibility. I did add other cardio videos in. Now still do different ones mixed in with my new routine to stay working different muscles.
  • AllSUMLIFE
    AllSUMLIFE Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love PiYo. It's one of my go-to's when I have trouble deciding which workout to do.

Did you end up ordering it? If so, what do you think?
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like it but it doesn't really get the heart rate up... so I hardly ever do it.
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ah, I am looking to increase my cardio ability as it's something I struggle with - weights are my comfort zone! I am taking 2 rest days now so I can decide between piyo or T25. Just got to wait for them to arrive. Thanks for all of the advice :-)
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Good luck!

Edited... reading comprehension failure.
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get into it personally. Prefer doing cize
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I don't think PiYo will really help you with cardio, it is more a body weight workout. As the name suggests, it uses Pilates and Yoga moves to increase strength and flexibility. It's a great workout, but I don't consider it cardio.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love it, but use it as a supplement for other workouts on days that the weather doesn't cooperate. Great for strength, not so much for cardio fat burning.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I love PiYo. My gym offers a PiYo class and the instructor is hysterical. I do it more for fun than an actual workout.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I found it difficult to follow. We did the video in a class so you couldn't pause or rewind like you could on your own.