Mtn Dew withdrawal

Options
2»

Replies

• rogertoliver
    rogertoliver Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I buy the tiny 8oz bottles and keep them in the pantry. I only put one in the fridge at a time and have managed the will power to only take a couple of drinks periodically to curb the craving. It can easily take me 2 or 3 days to drink 8 oz of my favorite carbonated soft drink.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    noon1200 wrote: »
    Diet Mountain Dew tastes pretty good, if you switch to diet you can cut out a lot of calories and still have your two bottles a day.

Or combine the two and then gradually switch to the diet one as you get used to the taste. I did this with coffee. Used to use two sugars. For the first week I used one sugar and one Stevia. The second week 0 sugar and 2 Stevia. Easy peasy. :)
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I went cold turkey on sweet tea about 9 years ago. I switched to unsweetened, so I didn't have to give up the caffeine, but my addiction to sweet tea was serious. I struggled with cravings for NINE months straight, and then they got better. Once I got past it, I was really, really over it and now I don't want it at all. At all. But it was a long, hard, 9 months, and by about 6 months I was pretty sure I was never going to get over it. I decided I would give it a year and then re-evaluate. I'm so glad I did! I don't know if I had stopped ice tea all together if it would have taken more or less time to get past it. I think I had a lot of emotional stuff wrapped up in my tea drinking. I'm glad I did it, would absolutely do it again, and it was worth the discomfort to get past it. But it sure did take a lot longer than I ever imagined it would!

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I switched to those little bottles of water flavorings you can get ( some are caffeinated!) and I seldom crave soda anymore.
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I gave up caffeine for both my pregnancies. The headaches only last for a few days. Ibuprofen helps.