Excited Newbie!

Options
Hi there!

My name is Tami. I am new to this site. I also belong over at SparkPeople and this site is so much simplier and so easy to navigate through.

Well, I am wanting to loose 15 lbs! I go up and down from 135 to 128! I want to be at 120! I bust my butt exercising and eating right and then get on the scale and don't see much of a change! Maybe it's my body telling me that is where it wants to be, where it is comfortable. But, in my mind, I want to be 120! I am only 5' 3" and every pounds is visiable!

I need motivation!! I get discouraged!

Help!!

Replies

• cajrang
    cajrang Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello There,
    Glad to hear you are excited about losing weight. If you are exercising a lot you have probably developed a good amount of lean muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat so if you find yourself struggling to lose the weight it might be wise to get a body fat test and determine if you even have that much to lose. Another option will be to ask your doctor to conduct a body mass test with you in water to determine accurately how much you can lose. If you are happen with you appearance and condition then I wouldn't stress to much about the actual scale weight and focus more on how you feel. Either way good luck on your quest and I agree this is a great site.
  • loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    Best wishes and welcome to MFP! LOVE this program & wish I'd found it long ago ... :smile:
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I love this site. There is alot of support from others here. I did Weight Watchers in the past and had success with that but put everything plus some back on. I am enjoying this site much more than WW and find myself more accountable. This helps me to make better choices and I do not deprive myself of anything I want to eat.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tami!!
  • _Brittany_Rose
    Options
    First off, welcome to the site Tami! I understand where your coming from with wanting to be a certain weight but your body wont move past a certain point; I am going through the same right now. Keep up the exercise & eating healthy & sooner then later I'm sure the weight will slowly come off. Good luck on your journey!
  • imjustlisa
    imjustlisa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    same weight loss goal here! (exactly actually) I was looking at your picture and you look great. that is what people also say about me but I see myself as they don't and i am not happy. I am right now at 132 and i feel so heavy and out of shape. i stay between 132 and 128 and also want to get down to 120 but more specifically for me my goal is 123.I have been there and felt that i looked good and felt great and so self conscious of my mid section.. i am also only 5'3 . Maybe we can work together and encourage each other to achieve our goal. I get very discouraged myself when i can never get below 128. so sending you a friend request,lets challenge each other and do this!
  • SewJoe
    SewJoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Give your body time to adjust. I have been stuck at the same weight for 2-1/2 months (still need to lose 25 lbs). What is important, more than anything, is that you stick with the plan (reduce calorie-intake) and don't think about cheating. At least not now. And if you do want to have a guilty pleasure once in a while, it should be once in a while, not every week! Good luck. You can request to friend me if you are looking for friends. :~) Jeanie