Hi.....finally!

Options
Today marks my 1 month with MFP, and I haven't said "hi" yet! The truth is, it took me awhile to figure out that there was a whole friends network out there. I found MFP on my phone, and it doesn't let you connect to the people (android....unless it does, and I can't figure that out either!) Well I found the message board, and all of you are so inspirational and encouraging, I want to be a part of it! Me real quick.....married for 23 years, 3 awesome children (my 16 year old daughter is on MFP too), I teach P.E. to 1st -12th grade at a private Christian School where my children attend, I'm a Jesus lover, and I have good muscle underneath a layer of fat! In my first month I lost exactly 10 pounds.....I'm 5'8" and am now 142, not sure what my goal is.....when the fat is gone, I'll start maintaining. MFP as been so "eye opening" to me, because I have realized how much fat I consumed with the little things....butter, mayo, mochas, whole milk, sour cream, and cheese.....I have also learned about portion control, and am doing a much better job at snacking with healthy foods. I'm still trying to figure some things out......like tonight I'm making home-made ice cream, so I'm calling that dinner!!!!.....good protein in the eggs right?! Again, keep on posting, even when people don't respond, you never know who you are encouraging!!!! Thanks, Dawn

Replies

• robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    HEYYYYYYYYYYY DAWNNNNNN!!!!!! WE are here for support.al of us arent skinny (I AM still FAT)! Glad to see you coming out of the shell, but we like convo, any type so feel free to barge in! As I seem to do all the time!
  • grlygrl123
    grlygrl123 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am mostly a lurker but I am sure you will enjoy it here :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I have found so many encouraging people since I joined, It really does make the difference when you have a support system.
    GOD BLESS MFP
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! you will find here all the support you need! it's a great community!
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    Welcome Dawn!!
  • foodlovermary
    foodlovermary Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to post and can only do it as a reply. I am on my first day on this sight. My daughter recommended this sight to me. I am 64 years old and a "volunteer" living in Vietnam and helping the Vietnamese. It is somewhat difficult as many of the foods here are not listed but I do have access to great fresh fruit and vegetables. Unlike you I have a large amount of fat over what once was muscle. I am intending to change that! Hope you succeed with your goals. Bless you.
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks....you crack me up! The quote you have at the bottom of your post, my son says ALL THE TIME!!! "Pain is just weakness leaving your body!" I'll have to ask him who said that!