How many calories are you on?

Options
2»

Replies

• ChampCrucial
    ChampCrucial Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    5'10 240lb Sure I would be losing on 2500 if I could stick with it. I have been knocking down anywhere from 2000-3500 calories and losing. I workout every day except Saturday and Sunday and I get a ton of steps from my 2nd job. Low intensity walking 5X a week, moderate intensity weights 3X a week, High Intensity cardio session 1X a week
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm usually between 1500-2000. Depends on how much or little I exercise.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set to 1240 currently, but I find I have to stick to closer to 1000 + half of any exercise calories to lose even half a pound a week. that said, I'm coming off Seroquel, which is an antipsychotic medication known to cause metabolic syndrome. have you been to a doctor to find out why you need to eat so little to lose weight? there must be some sort of medical condition happening, assuming you're logging correctly.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 too, weigh 8st11 (ish) and maintain on about 2,500 which after exercise nets to about 1,600-1,800. (I train around 6-10hrs a wk)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My guess is that your probably eating more than you think. Either by using inaccurate database entries, not measuring/weighing food intake accurately or not logging consistently.

I'm 5'4.5" and if my conversion is correct 8 st 10 lbs (122 lbs). I maintain in the 2200-2300 calorie range.
  • maisiedaisie579
    maisiedaisie579 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My bloods are normal ( recently checked) but am not losing on 1,200 calories a day. I've not lost any at all after 6 weeks. I previously lost 6 stone, ( intermittent fasting) gain a stone back and it isn't moving with 1,200. I exercise everyday too. I do wonder if the calorie counter on here is wrong tho. You can pretty much put in whatever you like cos there is many different results for every type of food.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My bloods are normal ( recently checked) but am not losing on 1,200 calories a day. I've not lost any at all after 6 weeks. I previously lost 6 stone, ( intermittent fasting) gain a stone back and it isn't moving with 1,200. I exercise everyday too. I do wonder if the calorie counter on here is wrong tho. You can pretty much put in whatever you like cos there is many different results for every type of food.

@maisidaisie579 - The database is largely user created. This means that there is a lot of inaccurate entries and you should double check everything you log (even when using the barcode scanner). I've seen chicken entries that were only 1/3 the calories they should be. Now some packaged and restaurant foods will vary in nutritional data depending on where you live.
  • Johnsweaver
    Johnsweaver Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Months/years of constant calorie restriction can slow a metabolism. If it's really as slow as she says and the food measurement is accurate - I'd recommend eating at maintenance and slowly try to raise maintenance calories over the next many weeks or months. Try different strength or conditioning workouts. Track your waist and hips so that if you are adding weight you can figure out if it's bodyfat or muscle. Put yourself back in a position to run a caloric deficit at higher calories sometime in the future.
  • haliirae5
    haliirae5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat 1450 calories a day and I have been losing still. 800 your body is probably going into starvation mode and storing fat :(.
  • xCyanideGirlx
    xCyanideGirlx Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    1400 cals to lose 2lbs a week
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Maintaining on 4K...
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'm losing on ~2100 a day. That's for 2 pounds a week, mind you. I could eat more for 1 pound a week but I have a lot to lose
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Losing weight on about 3000 a day. I no longer count calories though, but given that I only eat 4 days a week.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    1,800 and losing just under two pounds a week.