Non-dairy quick breakfast ideas?

Options
leandwy
leandwy Posts: 1 Member
Greek yogurt used to be my go-to breakfast, but I've recently found out that I'm sensitive to lactose, so I'm trying to find some alternatives

What are your quick, easy, and healthy go-to breakfast items?

Thanks!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of egg muffins or mini-frittatas on the weekends and then heat them up morning of. There are tons of different recipes out there for them.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    My almond meal pancake is pretty quick: 1/4 cup almond meal, 1 egg, 1T chia seed for fiber, and some cinnamon. Top with whatever.

Otherwise, I just eat normally with a few lactase enzyme tablets. :)
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Oats, fruit, nuts
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite quick breakfasts: overnight oats (made with plant milk), refried beans and salsa on a tortilla/wrap (add whatever vegetables you like), almond butter on toast, avocado toast, leftovers from the night before, salad greens mixed with beans/tofu.
  • jpena412
    jpena412 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been all about chia pudding. I mix chia seeds, coconut milk, coconut water, and vanilla extract. Let sit over night and the top with fruit, granola, etc in the morning. It fills me up for at least 3-4 hours
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Fruit, sandwich, egg, granola bar, toast with peanut butter or avacado, vegetables, hummus, dinner leftovers
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I just made these and they are yummy! http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/09/jalapeno-cheddar-cauliflower-muffins-3.html - Mine turned out about 122 calories a piece. Your calories may vary.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    - Toast w peanut butter and bananna
    - Soy or coconut yogurt w fruit and granola
    - Oatmeal w nuts and fruit
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Poached egg on a toasted, light English muffin, topped with chia seeds.
  • Audrey189
    Audrey189 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to make a smoothie with unsweetened almond milk, a tablespoon of cocoa powder and 1 banana :) I've found it very filling and it tastes great! I also tried adding Vega vanilla protein powder to it but I'm not a fan of it. Although adding a protein powder may also set for a fabulous quick breakfast or anytime snack!
  • NewMEEE2016
    NewMEEE2016 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Try FULL FAT dairy instead of low fat or skim! I used to think I was lactose intolerant- but it turns out that I can eat FULL FAT w/zero problems (apparently, it's a phenomenon...) Only a few more calories- and TOTALLY worth it. Delicious & filling!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Slice of bread, peanut butter, pear or apple. <3