Looking to swap support

Options
Just getting back in the game... My dad recently passed after a very long and difficult illness. I'm in the process of switching from caring for him to caring for myself once again. Though I'm close to my goal weight, unfortunately it was mainly achieved via high doses of grief and stress. I'm looking to get back into losing weight through more healthy avenues. In the past I've found MFP to be most helpful when I can cheer on others while being cheered on by them in return. Life is a journey, why walk it alone? If you're looking for friends to add because you feel a community may help you, feel free to reach out. Best of luck to all!!

Replies

• Ellensallen
    Ellensallen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! It is kind of hard to admit to needing help. My current goal is to track food consistantly. I'm massively unhealthy and overweight, but if you can spare half a second once in a while to toss a "good job" at me, I'll be happy to support you as best I can. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure he really appreciated your care and love in his last days.

Ellen Allen
  • tracyshing7
    tracyshing7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Ellen. Let's do it! I'd be happy to support you! It's not easy!!! My current goals are to simply eat on a regular basis, try to make those meals worthwhile, and get in 30 minutes (minimum) of exercise a day. It's baby steps, I know, but it sure the heck beats laying in bed all day eating Cheetos and ice cream ... My dad wouldn't want me to give up. He was a fighter. It's time I take a chapter out his handbook.
  • Gozira99
    Gozira99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey hey! Good luck, you can do this. We have your back. Add me if you like. From AZ but in PB all the time. Son is in the Navy there!
  • ariannfa583
    ariannfa583 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be ur friend dont know hw to send request.