I need something simple to follow...

Options
Hey guys! I'm trying to find a workout thats simple to follow. I've looked at a few apps but i can't find any that give me a full circuit routine. I'm looking for something that I can use to focus on muscle? So squats, sit-ups, dumbell workouts, maybe kettlebell workouts. But i need to find something I can actually follow that tells me how many reps I need to do and how many cycles etc. I think I'd like to focus on a group a day- so day 1 arms and back, day 2 bum and legs... etc etc.

Does anyone have any sources or apps they use as a guide for your go-to routine? Or could anyone tell me what they do themselves as a routine and find works well for them? Just looking for ideas :)

Many thanks.

Replies

• ValkyrieLula
    ValkyrieLula Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was using My Trainer Dasi before I switched over to doing insanity. It gave a set of workouts each day based on the program you selected, the number of reps, and included guide images.
  • amylouisechambers
    amylouisechambers Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I probably should have mentioned that I need something to do alongside my regular cardio. I regularly go swimming or row at the gym so I'm not sure I'm after something as intense as insanity or anything like that. Just so I feel like i'm working my muscles a little and not just doing cardio.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    you might be better off looking at a free weights programme - Stronglifts 5x5, Allpro Beginners, New Rules of Lifting etc. are good.

These are more full-body routines, rather than split as arms/legs/back etc. but will be better for you in the long run, and will help with all your other activities. They are each simple to follow (the first two more than NROL) and are progressive. You should Youtube and study form for each move, and ask to be shown the necessary equipment.

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This might suit you http://rippedbody.jp/reverse-pyramid-training/

Ignore the reverse pyramid training part and go for the 5 x 5 part further down. I've added some additional pull ups, leg extensions, lunges and calf raises to this. Although I think more knowledgeable people than me might argue there should be barbell rows on that somewhere, probably after bench pressing or even deadlifts. This works well for me because it usually means I'm staying in one area of the gym. The deadlift 'station' at my gym for example as pull up handles above it. And I can do overhead presses in the squat rack after I've done those.
  • bozukpusula
    bozukpusula Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You may try Freeletics body weight or Freeletics gym.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

There is a bunch of workouts in that thread. Nike also has an app. For just body resistnace: you are your own gym & convict conditioning.