What is my real weight??

Options
Hi, the past two mornings when I weighed myself i have been 170....but by night time i am closer to 174 what is my real weight??? it's confusing.

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    your real weight is the weight you are after u wake up after u go to the bathroom and before u eat breakfast. Your weight goes up and down throughout the day.
  • A_ng_13
    A_ng_13 Posts: 9
    Options
    You have probably gained weight during the day from water and food. Weigh yourself in the morning and try to limit it to once a week. Make sure to weigh yourself at the same time and you will get the most accurate weight.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Your real weight is 172.683 lbs
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I always go by the number first thing in the morning, I NEVER get on the scale at night♥
  • Tiffani3089
    Tiffani3089 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I always weight myself in the morning after I use the bathroom. I have heard morning weight is most accurate.
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    *bump*
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at 5pm every friday , just to keep it the same .

Works for me

:smile:
  • ruume11
    ruume11 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'd say pick one time to weigh and stick with it. If you're losing it should show from either time of day, but isn't accurate w/i a day.

I used to weigh multiple times a day. I could easily fluctuate 5lbs between morning and evening. I now weigh once a week first thing in the morning after going to the washroom. Easier (and lower) than my evening night. Figure there are fewer variables over the 12 hours previous to weighing in the morning than at night.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, naked...first thing in the morning, after the restroom, before any food or water. I do it every day to kind of keep track of what my body is doing...not to flip out because I gain and lose nearly 5lbs a week lol. Exercise intensity and water intake seem to have FAR more impact on my daily weight than what I've ate the day before. For example...If I work out hard...my weight the next day tends to be higher because of retained water for muscle repair...wheras the days I'm often lightest are the days after rest days, when I've at the most the day before.

Cris
  • gingerball
    Options
    I weight myself every Friday ALWAYS in the morning after my first morning pee...
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    When you do weigh yourself on a scale, you should strive for sameness. Weigh yourself at the:

Same time of day, on the
    Same day each week, wearing the
    Same clothing, and using the
    Same scale

If you're using a scale at home, be sure to place it on an absolutely flat surface. Wobbly bathroom tiles or plush carpeting can lead to an inaccurate reading.

Even if you do follow these steps, it's natural for your weight to fluctuate a few pounds day to day or week to week. Normal weight fluctuations may be due to:

Eating starchy or salty foods
    The weather
    Water retention due to hormonal changes
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    What do you want it to be?

There's no "right" time to weigh in — the "right" thing to do is to be consistent.

I weigh myself every morning after I use the bathroom. That's the weight that I record here:

http://cbeinfo.net/weight.htm

The value of consistency is that it allows you to determine your weight loss. There will be daily fluctuations and fluctuations over longer periods. My weight shot up about 10 days ago but I wasn't concerned because I have months of history staring me in the face and because I knew the reason for my sudden gain. If you don't weight daily, you have no idea how your weight has fluctuated — all that you know is that every 7 days you weigh X pounds and you could have had significant weight variation over those 7 days.

The data allows one to draw a picture of what's happening and gives one confidence.

I sometimes weigh myself in the afternoon or evening. Why? 'Cause I can. 'Cause it feels good to see that I'm achieving my goal. After I cooled down from my run yesterday, I weighed myself and I was up 0.2 pounds for the day so I knew that I was going to have another day of significant weight loss. So I do that 'cause it makes me feel good about the process that I'm going through.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    What do you want it to be?

There's no "right" time to weigh in — the "right" thing to do is to be consistent.

I weigh myself every morning after I use the bathroom. That's the weight that I record here:

http://cbeinfo.net/weight.htm

The value of consistency is that it allows you to determine your weight loss. There will be daily fluctuations and fluctuations over longer periods. My weight shot up about 10 days ago but I wasn't concerned because I have months of history staring me in the face and because I knew the reason for my sudden gain. If you don't weight daily, you have no idea how your weight has fluctuated — all that you know is that every 7 days you weigh X pounds and you could have had significant weight variation over those 7 days.

The data allows one to draw a picture of what's happening and gives one confidence.

I sometimes weigh myself in the afternoon or evening. Why? 'Cause I can. 'Cause it feels good to see that I'm achieving my goal. After I cooled down from my run yesterday, I weighed myself and I was up 0.2 pounds for the day so I knew that I was going to have another day of significant weight loss. So I do that 'cause it makes me feel good about the process that I'm going through.

Well said. And it makes you more confident that the process is working. I can usually tell a day or two before a major loss that it's coming...and that's from weighing every day...and following the trends.
  • Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great advice!!! Thank you myfitnesspalers