grilled veggies?

Options
I need ideas for grilling veggies. How do you add favor, seasonings and variety without adding a bunch calories?

Replies

• serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I toss very lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with cracked black pepper & garlic powder and throw on the grill...yummy!!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I don't have a grill. I use a skillet on a stove. Veggies in. Heat. Almost done. Ginger in. Stir. Done.
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    We like a mixture of a bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, chopped garlic & basil. You can marinate the veggies with this ahead of time or just toss on right before grilling.
  • DonnaSteward
    DonnaSteward Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When it's to cold out to fire up the out door grill, I roast my veggies in the oven.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I use Penzeys spices (usually some kind of spicy blend...I have bought many) and olive oil.
  • hokiemom14
    hokiemom14 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I LOVE making roasted veggies. We do it all the time. I use whatever veggies I have in the house, but a lot of times it's things like onions, garlic, grape tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, baby carrots, mushrooms, etc. I lightly drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper and whatever other seasonings you like. I roast at about 400 for 45 minutes or so, but really you can't mess this up. You can cook at lower or higher temps for less or more time. I pile the veggies on the tray because they do shrink down some.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I love grilled veggies. My favorite is to cut everything up into 1-2 inch chunks, make a foil pouch, potatoes on bottom then things like onions, peppers, carrots and broccoli, topped off with zucchini/yellow squash/eggplant and mushrooms. Sometimes I'll also sprinkle on some spicy seasoning salt, but I never use oil or butter. Seal up the foil pack and throw it on the grill (or in the over) for about 30-45 minutes and its AMAZING. Seriously, I've pre-packed different versions of this (sometimes including chicken on top) to bring on camping trips with big groups and its always devoured right away.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    salt, pepper, garlic salt and crushed red pepper flakes.

that's about it.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, salt and pepper. Sometimes minced garlic (the jar from Costco is my favourite).

The other day, we put asparagus in a disposable roasting pan, drizzled with oil, salt and pepper, and put that on the grill. Cooked until they got shriveled and soft. They were crispy in some parts, tender in others, and so sweet.
  • KzooRichie
    KzooRichie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do pretty much everything above. One seasoning I really like is the Chef Paul Prudhomme seasonings. He makes a "Veggie Magic" that is great on grilled veggies.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Olive Oil & Salad Supreme Seasoning

This is really good on zucchini
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been really into using Trader Joe's Garlic Olive Oil. Then I'll add a little salt, pepper, and rosemary.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Italian dressing.
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Seeing a lot of posts saying olive oil. I personal skip the oil, and season to match what is accompanying my veg. A favourite is oregano and garlic though.