Whole Foods Market!

Options
I do NOT have a recipe, however... I have to say, that no matter what it is that I get at Whole Foods, ice cream, cookies, what have you, it's ALL organic and it can ALL be consumed without feeling guilty. Not the whole container of what it is, a normal portion, but theres no preservatives, no crap, it's all good and natural. So if any of you have a Whole Foods market near you, stop on by! You'll be sooo happy you did! And no I am not affiliated with them I just love the hell outta them!:heart:

Replies

• anvadams
    Options
    I do NOT have a recipe, however... I have to say, that no matter what it is that I get at Whole Foods, ice cream, cookies, what have you, it's ALL organic and it can ALL be consumed without feeling guilty. Not the whole container of what it is, a normal portion, but theres no preservatives, no crap, it's all good and natural. So if any of you have a Whole Foods market near you, stop on by! You'll be sooo happy you did! And no I am not affiliated with them I just love the hell outta them!:heart:
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Great idea. Also, if you have a local Co-Op, grocery shop there!
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    I love whole foods but its a total rip off. Whole Foods is so extremely expensive it shocks me sometimes. Yes its good for stuff you can't get at a normal grocery store but if you have the item at a normal grocery store it is always WAY more expensive at Whole Foods. For example a Tofurkey w/ grave included at Safeway is $9.99, at Whole Foods a Tofurkey w/o the gravy is $11.99 and $3.99 or $4.99 (can't exactly remember) for the gravy. That is more then $5 extra. Not to diss whole foods but if you don't need specialty items do ot go because it is super expensive. Now, their hot bar is good since it always has some sort of different tofu item but its $8.99 a pound and ends up being ridiculously expensive also. Love Whole Foods but I would choose Safeway for the prices anyday
  • anvadams
    Options
    I don't :( NJ is just getting on the map with organic stores, so Whole Foods is the closest to me. The closest before that was trader joes and that was reaaaaaaaaaaaally far from me :( NJ, we're slackers lol
  • anvadams
    Options
    See most of the stuff I get there has no price difference than any of my regular grocers IE Foodtown, Wegmans, Acme, A&P. But I do admit, most drinkage and sweets I get at Wegmans organic department. Trust me, the stuff I get on the regular I've already added up, I'm broke, I have to budget lol.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :cry: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :sad:

You guys are killing me. I don't have a Trader Joe's, a Whole Foods, a co-op, a produce stand...nutin...
    I have a super walmart and a grocery store and a commissary. Yes Whole Foods prices are a total rip, but it is total foodie heaven - being able to get good fresh produce year round is something you miss when you can't get it anymore . And I miss Trader Joe's, really miss Trader Joe's. I am originally from San Diego, where we had all of the above. My brother in law teases me, everytime we go back to visit I have to stop in and visit a Trader Joe's, he says of course you need a Trader Joe's, where else can you get a lemon curd goat cheese and Thai basil pizza. You're mocking me, aren't you:angry: Hey, you don't know what you got till its gone and I really miss having variety for my grocery shopping.
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    trader joes is my absolute favorite.And it is pretty cheap which is an added plus. It smells a little funny in there but I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE it. Best microwavable meals ever
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Also, if you have a local Co-Op, grocery shop there!
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't have a whole foods market or trader joes or anything of the like, that I know of, very near me. I wish!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    i LOVEEEEEEEE whole foods as well

but the closest one is in london .. that more then 6 hours train from here,, :sad: :sad: :sad:

but i'll be closer to one when ill be in toronto next month . definitly will be visiting there once in a while

i know its a little stiff on the pricing, so i go there as a threat, and i get stuff that will last a while,

i wish i was rich enough to be able to shop there alll the time :happy:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    trader joes is my absolute favorite.And it is pretty cheap which is an added plus. It smells a little funny in there but I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE it. Best microwavable meals ever

Trader Joes is my favourite!! :love: :love: :love:

Most of the stuff is actually cheaper than the Ralph's across the street.

*Side note, who names a grocery store Ralph's? Ralph's? As in, to ralph? :huh: :laugh:
  • c5afwife
    Options
    I like whole foods but I prefer Trader Joes cuz they have better prices. We drive an hour and half once of month to stock up on TJ's stuff :)
  • fiddlechic
    Options
    most of the grocery stores near me (austin,tx which is whole foods headquarters) carry their own organic brands to be competitive with whole foods. i love organic!