Hello there!

greenbee09
greenbee09 Posts: 4
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone. I'm new here, thought I'd say hi.
Whats the number one piece of advice you would give someone who is just starting at trying to lose some weight?

Replies

• kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Stick with it! Results are not immediate. The weight didn't magically appear overnight, and it won't go away overnight. As long as you remember that, and realize that you are in control of your exercise and what you decide to eat, you will be able to stick to it and you CAN accomplish your goals.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    dont give up.....it may take a while to see results, but you didnt get to where you are overnight and it wont go away overnight.....push yourself when you can and find something you enjoy to do regularly.....you have to maintain interest in what youre doing.....you will do great, we're here to encourage you
  • pegdaly
    pegdaly Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone,

I just stumbled across this ap! It looks fantastic! If anyone is interested in starting a workout program at home, I can help you out! Feel free to reach me here or email: pegdaly@hotmail.com
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    I would tell you to stick with it and rely on a strong network of inspiring friends (fellow MPFers). Have fun along the way, stay positive and it WILL HAPPEN!
  • lbelfrey
    lbelfrey Posts: 63
    Welcome newbie! I love everyones openness on MFP, and all the support from friends! It helps to view peoples profiles/journals, and make friends. Everyone has inspirational stories, great meal ideas and there are some great workout challenges out there too.
    Have fun!
    Louisa
  • nay71
    nay71 Posts: 3
    Hi all im new here as well, at the moment i am actually loving the site very easy to use and i am looking forward to achieving my goals... if you want to add me please feel free :happy:
  • PA21
    PA21 Posts: 95 Member
    Hi there GreenBee,
    My biggest piece of advice is to plan, plan, plan. Plan your meals, it's the best way to combat eating poorly. I make a meal plan for the week and go grocery shopping only for those items. This website is great for keeping track but if you don't have a plan, it's going to be hard to make this site work. Also keep your diary open, it will help keep you accountable.
    Friend request sent! Let's get it started!
  • What great advice! When I'm short on time, thats totally when I look for something fast and easy...and bad for me!
  • Thanks everyone! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.