Looking to build a supportive community

Options
tracyshing7
tracyshing7 Posts: 7 Member
Just getting back in the game... My dad recently passed after a very long and difficult illness. I'm in the process of switching from caring for him to caring for myself once again. Though I'm close to my goal weight, unfortunately it was mainly achieved via high doses of grief and stress. I'm looking to get back into losing weight through more healthy avenues. In the past I've found MFP to be most helpful when I can cheer on others while being cheered on by them in return. Life is a journey, why walk it alone? If you're looking for friends to add because you feel a community may help you, feel free to reach out. Best of luck to all!!

Replies

• navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I feel free to add cheera
  • Rachelhjz
    Rachelhjz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Tracy, my condolences for your father. May he rest in Peace.
    I am glad I have found your post, i am also looking for some support in achieving my weight goals. I have been pretty healthy most of my life (with ups and downs) but two years ago, my husband and I moved into a very "closed" country, in which we know no one, walking in the streets is something we don't do, so for me, i've stayed home for a year before finding work, which led to 4 additional Kilos, then the year after i have added 2 more kilos, and we've been eating out of boredom and well, depression too.

Yesterday, I have stepped on the scale and found that i gained 6 kilos in total, and i am at my heaviest weight ever, it was total despair! So i decided to do something about it (especially that we are trying to conceive and my biggest phobia is to be too huge when that happens).

I have started with the Cambridge diet, I found that it is mainly about cutting calories down, so i am supposed to be at 900 calories and they provide 2 "meals" a day (they are shakes and soups), i know it might seem to be very low calorie but that is my only way to get over those kilos this month. Their "sachets" don't taste really good, so for dinner yesterday, i have replaced it with plain low fat yogurt with 1 tablespoon of strawberry jam (same calorie content), it was pretty good and i hope my journey will lead me where i want.

Could you share you diet plans with us? Would love if we support each other in this.

Wish you the best of luck,

Rachel
  • KeepingUpWithKari
    KeepingUpWithKari Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm in search of friends that are serious about changing their life for the better.

Btw, I am so sorry to hear about your father.
  • mandicotter
    mandicotter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss! A very difficult time in your life...please add me! I started logging 2 days ago and need the push of people to keep me on track!
  • jalalitiam65
    jalalitiam65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi babe
  • ashatwell87
    ashatwell87 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sorry for you loss! Feel free to add me, anyone can add me as well! I am very active on here, we can keep each other accountable and motivated :)
  • tracyshing7
    tracyshing7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I sent you a request! Let's get this thing going!
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your dad. Feel free to add me.
  • yamness
    yamness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been through something similar with my mother. I'm new to interacting in the community but feel free to add me (I'm not sure how to add you!). I too need some positive motivation to get back to a healthy lifestyle.
  • lovelygenny96
    lovelygenny96 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Feel free to add me and anybody else on this thread. I'm also looking for supportive friends to help motivate me on my weight loss journey.