Double chin skin?! & Stretch Marks.

Options
If you lose weight, and you've had double chins your whole life... how does losing the weight there work.
Do you have loose skin? I have tons of stretch marks on my legs and stomach, can I do anything to get rid of them? Will I get more, the more I lose weight?
I'm starting to worry. I may get thin, but I'll have stretch marks and loose skin, and you can't tone a CHIN?!

What should I be doing to prevent this?

Replies

• justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    If you lose weight, and you've had double chins your whole life... how does losing the weight there work.
    Do you have loose skin? I have tons of stretch marks on my legs and stomach, can I do anything to get rid of them? Will I get more, the more I lose weight?
    I'm starting to worry. I may get thin, but I'll have stretch marks and loose skin, and you can't tone a CHIN?!

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options

Um I have no idea about the chin thing, I guess if its fat than cardio, cardio, and more cardio, then your face with eventually get thinner hopefully! And yes you will probably get more stretch marks as you lose weight, sorry! There's really no way to get rid of them, I suppose there are some remedies that claim stuff, this could help reduce the appearance of them probably but don't worry about it, once you lose the weight that you want to I'm sure you won't worry as much about the stretch marks. Better to be at your goal weight with stretch marks than at a weight you hate with stretch marks right?! Good luck , hope that helped. :happy:

~Leash
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help you but I am going to have lots of stretch marks too. My belly especially and then down my hips and thighs. My daughter caused the ones on my belly, the worst ones anyway. I don't know of any way of getting rid of them except surgery. I wish I knew how to prevent it too because I believe they may get worse before you are done losing weight. I'm sorry. I feel your pain! When I lost weight before my chin didn't look too bad. I never saw a double chin and I was happy with that. I'm not going to worry too much about stretch marks. I just want to lose the weight.
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    I was told a few years back that by padding you chin upward frequently that it would make your double chin go away but I do not know if it works.

Also if you are worried about stretch marks, I would begin by using lotions that are made to tighten skin. I know that coca butter with vitamin E oil helps a lot to. In Mexico they cell this scream that is supposed to diminish the stretch marks as well as scars. I do not remember the name but if you are interested in learning more about it I can get the name for you just let me know and then you may be able to do the research on line. :wink:
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I was told a few years back that by padding you chin upward frequently that it would make your double chin go away but I do not know if it works.

Also if you are worried about stretch marks, I would begin by using lotions that are made to tighten skin. I know that coca butter with vitamin E oil helps a lot to. In Mexico they cell this scream that is supposed to diminish the stretch marks as well as scars. I do not remember the name but if you are interested in learning more about it I can get the name for you just let me know and then you may be able to do the research on line. :wink:

Yes DEFINITELY!!! Thank you!
  • sweetassurance
    Options

Yes DEFINITELY!!! Thank you!

The name of this cream is called "Cicatrikur" I am not sure what it all does but I know they say that it diminish scars and other stuff. You need to log in to Google Mexico and then type in this name on the search bar in order to get the information. I hope this helps a bit. :happy:
  • kalla
    kalla Posts: 11
    Options
    And one obvious piece of advise would be to really concentrate on your water intake and also getting all the vitamins and fatty acids your skin needs. The healthier it is, the better it rejuvenates and repairs itself!

I'd also go with the lotions, even regular one's if no tightening miracle salves are at hand.
  • staciabrittney
    Options
    When losing weight one of the things that can help your skin retain its optimal elasticity (tightness) is to take Vitamin C AND Vitamin C Ester, Vitamin E, and your Omega 3's. This supplement helps promote collagen growth. Also, be sure to cleanse your face twice two times daily. If you reach your ideal weight and still feel that you need to work on this area look into lipodissolve. It is an injectable liposuction alternative designed to rid those fat pockets that will not go away with diet and excercise. This not only ensures that you do clean your skin but that you also stimulate the metabolism of the skin.
    As far as stratch marks go, vibraderm* is a very good treatment. *Vibraderm is similar to microdermabrasion, however it is crystal free and better for the skin