Easy Lunches

Options
Hello!
So my weight loss is going well, i will reach a point and waver back and forth before pushing on and losing again.

I need help with meals though.
It's simple enough to grab a morning breakfast shake (or make one, will have to try sometime) ut lunches is usually where I trip up. I would like to walk on my lunch at work but I only get a half hour and I am not alowed to eat meals at my desk.

What is something i could maybe whip up to freeze or refridgerate that i can grab on my way out the door and eat as I meander about the parking lot?

Replies

• nicoleash126
    nicoleash126 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tuna fish, veggies, egg salad, fruits, a smoothie. Those are things I like. Have a salad and decorate with tuna and egg salad and you'll be full.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    A veggie packed tuna wrap? Flatout wraps (usually in the deli section of the grocery ) have some 100 or less calories options. You could fill with avocado, tuna, maybe diced red peppers, some spinach or lettuce. I think it would be great and should be easy to eat while you wander. Good luck!
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've been on a tortilla kick lately. I make wraps, and they're super easy to eat one-handed out of the plastic wrap I take mine to work in.

1.) 1/3 can of chicken breast (Kirkland brand is my favourite) mixed with 2 tbsp salsa. Then I add spinach and diced tomatoes.

2.) 1/2 can of light tuna in water (drained), mixed with honey mustard and salt and pepper. Romaine lettuce leaves on top.

3.) 1/4 can of salmon mixed with 1tbsp light mayo and cut up peppers or onion. Chopped romaine hearts on top.

I also like making sandwiches on light rye, or Weight Watchers bread, with mustard and sriracha and tzatziki in place of mayo. Lean meats like turkey breast, light mortadella, black forest ham are my favourites.

I also pack a baggie of fruit (cut up apples, 2 mandarin oranges, raspberries, apricots... whatever is in season at the time), a 0% Greek yogurt, a string cheese, maybe some turkey pepperettes. And that's lunch :)