breakfast question....

Options
I know I'm suppose to eat breakfast...but I usually have no appetite and only have my coffee...which because I like the flavored creamer is enough calories I think....about 150-175 cals depending on how big a cup I have....

then I eat some fruit like clemetines mid morning and then lunch dinner and snack....

Do you think a reason why my weight is standing still could be because I'm not actually eating breakfast ....like do the calories count as breakfast...or is it just something else....I'm getting a bit frustrated because its early on ...:huh:

thanks so much for any advice!
Ali

Replies

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I know I'm suppose to eat breakfast...but I usually have no appetite and only have my coffee...which because I like the flavored creamer is enough calories I think....about 150-175 cals depending on how big a cup I have....

then I eat some fruit like clemetines mid morning and then lunch dinner and snack....

Do you think a reason why my weight is standing still could be because I'm not actually eating breakfast ....like do the calories count as breakfast...or is it just something else....I'm getting a bit frustrated because its early on ...:huh:

thanks so much for any advice!
    Ali
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Jillian says that eating breakfast jump starts the motabolism......I never ate breakfast until I became an "adult"....also according to Jorge Cruise and Dr Katz you should eat within the hour of waking then every three hours....he also says stop eating 3 hours before bedtime? There is a lot of questions about that one? anyway if you can get yourself to eat whithin that hour and have your coffee that would be ideal. I can not give up my coffee and I do the non dairy as well...I have one cup w/ 3 tablspn of FF non dairy 75 calories. And if I am good one before class teehee....

dd
  • ali106
    Options
    thank you! I'm going to try starting tomorrow to eat after my coffee...which oh yes I have immediately lmbo....see my son has instant energy the second he wakes...usually 6 am ish...so ah the coffee is a must! I could probably do a ff yogurt and a clementine....that's actual food right?LOL...

anyway thank you so much!
    Ali
  • peacefulwarrior
    Options
    Kinda funny when you think about it, if you eat to much, you gain weight and when you don't eat enough you can't lose weight. I am not much of a breakfast person either, but a small bowl of oatmeal is not much of a meal, but packed full of nutrients for the body and helps the metabolism get it's start. I would try eating something small for breakfast and see what it does everybody is different when it comes to weight loss, but it really does help most people when they eat 5-6 small healthy meals a day to lose weight than just eating a couple of meals. Sorry to ramble hope that helps some and good luck.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Just an aside, for your coffee......I've found some "syrups" sweetened with Splenda. They have zero calories and I can make a mean raspberry mocha that rivals Starbucks. I believe they are the DaVinci brand. In my grocery store, they are on the very top of the creamer aisle. I love the flavored creamers, but these are great. Also, I happened upon a lactose free creamer (liquid) which is 10 cal/tablespoon. So, you can have your coffee for about 20cals......for breakfast, try a cheese stick and a yogurt.....You've got your protein and dairy.....GL. :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    Options
    Aw thanks so much guys!!! what great advice....I do like oatmeal too....hmmm I may just like this o' breakfast thingy LOL

oh and those flavorings sound soooooooooo good! you had me at rasberry mocha! lmbo

thanks so much I'm so happy I found this place!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    oh and those flavorings sound soooooooooo good! you had me at rasberry mocha! lmbo
    :laugh: