Working out during lunch

Options
KDar1988
KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
I've been splitting up my exercise here and there and some days I do weights during my lunch. I'll admit...I don't shower after. Yup...I'm a scum ;) I don't have time for that but I do cool down well and clean all over with baby wipe type clothes.

Anyone else do that? I kind of feel like I have to do what I have to do to get 'er done! LOL

Replies

• formerfitgirl34
    formerfitgirl34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I workout during lunch as well. I walk/run. I have an hour lunch with 2 15 minute breaks each day so I use my 15 minute breaks in conjunction with my lunch break to change clothes. After my workout, I cool down for a minute and then use a wash clothe, towell, soap, deodrant and dry shampoo to freshen up. I don't wear makeup to work because I just don't have time to mess with that. :) Good luck and great job on fitting in your workout!
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not smelly who cares! Do what you need to do for your fitness. When I used to workout during my lunches I would only shower from the neck down as long as I hadn't totally ruined my makeup. That way at least my body was fresh and I could get my clothes back on quickly and be back to work.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Guess it depends on the person. If I did that, I'd be cited for being some sort of chemical weapon. But I'm lucky enough to have showers at both the gym and work, and basically no hair on my head, so dry time is a matter of seconds :smile:
  • KDar1988
    Options
    That's my biggest issue...my HAIR! It's longer and very thick...once wet, I have to wait at least 45 mins before I can dry it. I can understand some need to because of the smell for sure. Luckily I'm ok there :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yep. Did the same thing for years. Baby wipes and more deodorant. I figure my health was more important than someone possibly smelling my sweat once in awhile.
  • juma4474
    juma4474 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have seen the most success for me in the last 5 months by doing just that. I get in multiple short workouts throughout the day including walks on my lunch break and afternoon break. I just keep deodorant in my desk drawer at work and like you said: wipe down myself the best I can.

If you find that that is what works best for you, then go for it!
  • RollTideTri
    RollTideTri Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If I swim at lunch I'll just do a quick rinse off in the shower. If I actually sweat I have to take a real shower, I wouldn't do that to my co workers :s

Luckily as a guy I can take a shower and be fully dressed and ready to go back to work in about 10 minutes.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I work out at lunch also. I have to shower after, because working out turns me into a gigantic stinky sweat ball. Luckily I have mastered the 5-minute shower.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I go on walks during lunch and don't shower, even if I sweat a lot because it's like 90 degrees outside and humid af. If I run, that means I have enough time to run AND shower after, otherwise I don't run. Even if I do shower I don't wash my hair though. I only wash my hair 2 - 3 times a week regardless. I keep deodorant in my desk and wipe down with wet towels and change my shirt as needed.
  • Shae3891
    Shae3891 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have done it for the last 2 years! Having my daughter I have just found that it's the best time for me and it's allowed me to stick with it. I also do the wipes (a friend calls it a *kitten*'s bath) and I have an old straighter at my desk for it my hair gets too bad. I think if it's what works, do it!
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I work out every day at work on my lunch break and not once have I ever showered. I wipe down, use deodorant, dry shampoo and body spray if necessary. I haven't received any complaints yet. I don't want to waste my workout time in the shower!
  • annherrin
    annherrin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I do the same, Baby wipes (cucumber scented bc refreshing), body spray, and more deoderant. I shower once I get home from work. I've had no one complain, but I also work in an extremely cold office... If I ever get a complaint, I may up my "hobo bath" to include a rag, bodywash, and sink. lol
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I work out during my lunch hour too. My gym supplies towels so I use a hand towel w/soap and water to wash up afterwards. The gym has hair dryers too - so I use a dryer to dry my sweaty hair. Sometimes I will get a comment from a co-worker like "ooooh I could NEVER work out during lunch, blah, blah, blah" I feel like people just need to say any excuse NOT to work out. EVERYONE is busy - you make time for things that are important to you. This is what works for me. :wink:
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I try to walk at lunch time at least a few days a week and I keep some cucumber scented wipes in my desk drawer so I can freshen up afterward. It's vital for myself and my co-workers, lol.
  • KDar1988
    Options
    pmastro724 wrote: »
    I work out during my lunch hour too. My gym supplies towels so I use a hand towel w/soap and water to wash up afterwards. The gym has hair dryers too - so I use a dryer to dry my sweaty hair. Sometimes I will get a comment from a co-worker like "ooooh I could NEVER work out during lunch, blah, blah, blah" I feel like people just need to say any excuse NOT to work out. EVERYONE is busy - you make time for things that are important to you. This is what works for me. :wink:

I hear that a lot too, about not working out during lunch. If I have an important meeting after I might not do it that day and I don't see the public in my job so nobody probably cares what I look like :)
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I work out before work, at the office, and keep a skin to skin change of clothing. It takes me too long to eat to be able to do more than a quick ab routine first.
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    My office building has a fully equipped gym w showers. I always workout at lunch, and depending on the workout and day, will sometimes shower, and other times I'm good w just the deodorant touch up. When I shower I keep my hair up, so I don't have to restyle it. I can get in and out pretty quickly like that.