THE BAG OF COOKIES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE

Options
13»

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I almost always get ads for Dick's Sporting Goods. Is there any way I can get cookies instead of more Dick's?

I get Dick's too! Hmmmm
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I almost always get ads for Dick's Sporting Goods. Is there any way I can get cookies instead of more Dick's?

I get Dick's too! Hmmmm
    It's probably because of the challenge. :p

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    What are you even talking about? The ads are based on YOUR searches. And there's nothing wrong with cookies. My ads are for shoes and supplements at the moment. A lot of times they are for adult diapers and I still can't figure that one out.

I get toilet paper ads in the juice cleanse threads. Wouldn't be surprised by adult diapers after some of the threads around here.

Ahhhhh...Interesting.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

I'll take as much of both as I can get a hold of. These are desperate times.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

I'll take as much of both as I can get a hold of. These are desperate times.

Ditto.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Current ads from Chicago Shakespeare (GoT promotion) and Missouri. I blame my friends from Missouri.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Current ads from Chicago Shakespeare (GoT promotion) and Missouri. I blame my friends from Missouri.

You're welcome!

Yesterday I finally got the pepperidge farm cookies but my current ad is for schizophrenia medication. I blame my friends from Chicago. ;)
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I don't understand Internet marketing. I Google something, buy it and then see ads for it. If I already bought it, what is the point of showing me ads for it?

I have never clicked an ad and purchased something. Not because I am against them but because I have either already purchased or have no interest.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    "Become an NASM Certified Personal Trainer" is at the bottom of mine. Go figure!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I have an ad about dating older women and people complain about getting fast food ads.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

You're welcome!

Yesterday I finally got the pepperidge farm cookies but my current ad is for schizophrenia medication. I blame my friends from Chicago. ;)

Heh.

More Aleve now.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    As others have said, ads are based on your search history, keywords, predictive algorithms, etc.
    Also, I eat plenty of Milanos and managed to lose weight.
    Mm...milanos!

I have no ads thanks to adblock.

Remember a few years ago, that guy who posted about getting ads of the adult nature and swore up and down that he wasn't watching it (and no one borrowed his laptop)? The guy rage-quit so hard.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My ad right now is for American Airlines. Probably from my fantasizing about a vacation I can't actually afford. :)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    100df wrote: »
    I don't understand Internet marketing. I Google something, buy it and then see ads for it. If I already bought it, what is the point of showing me ads for it?

I have never clicked an ad and purchased something. Not because I am against them but because I have either already purchased or have no interest.

Lol Yes. And the ads usually go to the same store I was shopping.
  • Katwin2013
    Katwin2013 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Its like commercials for the internet I come here I get help and it is free guess seeing the adds is paying for it So I will ignore the cookies
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Let's see... I got Aleve, Dick's and Dunkin Donuts right now.

I just googled Noodles & Company's nutrition info about an hour ago, and now all of a sudden I'm getting lots of ads for Noodles and Company. Go figure.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Considering you're on a website that deals largely with various food products, the fact that you're getting a food ad is very unsurprising.